All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video setting on cam - anyone use it?

I use Photobucket for both pics and videos.

Well crap. Sounds like you guys are just stuck with getting the screen shots/pics then, I'll keep the video to myself. My internet connection sucks as it is and sending large files back and forth can be a touchy thing. Pics are easy as I just use a "snipping tool" and then paste the image into "paint" and then save as a JPEG which grossly compresses the size.

I really like the video setting - upset at myself about the setting selector switch on my one cam as I was really hopeful to get a video of a decent buck I had been seeing. The one that I did set right was set too high - all I got on video was ears and a few nose tips from them scent checking the wind.

I'll look into other ways to post videos - they are just so much cooler!

Upload them to YouTube and embed them in your posts here

Well I switched my cams to video a couple of weeks ago and just couldn't wait anymore to see the results.

How do I post a .avi format video?????

I think if you download it to PhotoBucket and them from PB put a link to it here.

Its been awhile since I uploaded a vid to photobucket, it degraded the vid and it looked bad. Youtube is much better for vids unless PB vid quality has changed?

Photobucket is what i use

Well like I said the one I got video on was too high. On does all I got was the tips of ears and the occasional nose from them scent checking the wind. Here is a still of the one buck I did get. Nice young 10 pointer - tough to see in the pic, but the video makes it SO much easier to see the various traits of the antlers. I have re-positioned the cam so hopefully my next pull will provide some better footage. I'll look into different ways to post videos - they are just so neat to watch even if they are for only 10 or 15 seconds.
buck.jpg