Value of this cultipacker

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
I am not sure if this cultipacker would work good for packing seed with the large teeth or not? Is this thing more made for breaking ground, rather then packing it? Or would this work good for food plots? It is a 4 foot pull behind. Also how much is it worth? I will add it on the next post with my phone.

Looks almost like a spike aerator. On my light soils I would probably use it before seeding larger seeds like buckwheat and rye and then do a light drag afterwards. Not sure I would use it before seeding clover or brassicas but maybe so if dragged lightly before seeding. Can't speak for heavier clay soils.

If everything is in decent working condition is say it's worth ~$250

My packer has those toothed wheels in between the packing wheels just like that but the teeth are backwards to one shown. If that makes sence.
On mine the hole that the axel shaft runs through is larger than the axle so they kinda free float and don't dig in. Works great, it just leave little dimple marks in tilled soil.

if you can get it for 250 bucks, you can then take it apart and maybe just remove them spiked disc's and add an extra one or two packer blades, to fill the gap after removing them
250 bucks would be a CHEAP price for that in my area, more like 500-600+ here!

also them rocks are on it for some down force/weight, I would add some chain link fence and a few ratchet straps to hold them in place if you wished to use them, as they will BOUNCE out of there and be laying in your food plot in the way of mowing LOL

I have pretty decent silty soils, so I am not sure it would benefit my plots at all. I have been just lightly discing, spreading the seed, then pulling a small drag behind it. It has worked decent so far for me. Is anyone else have interest in it? I could post the link for it. It is in southern/ south east MN.

It is on an online auction that ends Wednesday, and it is at $55 right now.

My packer has those toothed wheels in between the packing wheels just like that but the teeth are backwards to one shown. If that makes sence.
On mine the hole that the axel shaft runs through is larger than the axle so they kinda free float and don't dig in. Works great, it just leave little dimple marks in tilled soil.
Didn't consider that, obviously I don't have a cultipacker. I bet these "float" also and therefore don't poke too deep into the ground.

It is on an online auction that ends Wednesday, and it is at $55 right now.

auctionsniper.com

Don't know if you know about this tool but I never bid on anything it just drives the price up. I snipe plenty of things. Put in your highest price and forget it. The sniping tool places your bid 5 seconds before the auction ends. And it only bids as high as it takes to win, if your max price will do that. It's impossible for the next bidder to bid again as the auction is over literally as you put in the bid.

It's kind of a dirty trick but once you've lost to a sniper, you have no choice but to play the game.
The 70 charger I just bought out bid the next highest bidder by $12. Im sure that guy was :emoji_rage::emoji_rage: and has since figured out how I beat his bid in the last 5 seconds.

In this auction if there is a bid in the last 2 minutes, it resets the clock at 2 minutes until nobody bids anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In this auction if there is a bid in the last 2 minutes, it resets the clock at 2 minutes until nobody bids anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sneaky.

Post a link?

...auctionsniper.com...

It will be because of people abusing things like this that will cause us to have no more auctions, or auctions will change with a higher minimum price ruining them for many people. Hope anyone promoting the use of that tool is ok with ruining auctions for everyone for their own benefit.

If those teeth do dig in then I just don't see an ATV pulling it (for very long.) If a tractor is pulling it then I would think a larger unit would be preferred.