All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tree looks familiar but I can't ID it

I like my mulberry trees. I also enjoy squirrel hunting. The squirrels are nutty in those trees all September.

Was a little excited, a small seedling was growing in the feet of my old orchard apple tree. Found out next year it was a mulberry.

Think I have to cut a sawtooth oak this winter. About 15ft tall. It's going to shade my double rows of apple trees in a few years. Got a mulberry tree I need to tame down on the west side of the apple rows too.

b116757,​

I would leave about 5 or 6 of the mulberry's for treestands for bow season. Maybe 2 or 3 on the NE and 2 or 3 on the NW. Got a choice in the wind. MAybe leave a line of brush on north, so it acts like a a run of cover for deer to travel through. Like 15-20ft wide strip

We don’t usually hunt that 160 acres in a few years when a smallish planting takes off that may change things. I can literally see the entire 160 from my shooting benches it’s very open as is almost all the ground around it. I do occasionally see deer on it in the daylight hours but that’s pretty rare. Yellow is that 160 red is my smallish planting mostly Nuttall oaks, sawtooth oaks and a few pear seedlings in hopes of getting an area on that 160 to hunt a bit someday between the row crop fields on either side of it. It’s probably our best farm ground but our worst hunting ground.

Attachments

• IMG_0568.jpeg
    IMG_0568.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0569.jpeg
    IMG_0569.jpeg
    853.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0570.jpeg
    IMG_0570.jpeg
    868.3 KB · Views: 2