Trailcam pics

Did not. It is extended doe season through Sunday, so next week we will probably go into the area we found one of his sheds last season and see if we can find them. I didn't want to go in too deep into his bedding area while people were still hunting.
It would be a shame for him to drop the other side then get shot by a doe hunter. I absolutely do not like our January doe season. So many guys shoot the largest doe they've seen just to walk up and realize it was a shed buck.

It would be a shame for him to drop the other side then get shot by a doe hunter. I absolutely do not like our January doe season. So many guys shoot the largest doe they've seen just to walk up and realize it was a shed buck.
When I was about 14, I did just that. Putting a stalk on a group of bedded does. On the way I guess I bumped into a shed buck. Painful lesson I learned back then. Found his sheds a few days later and it is an absolute shame........ :(

Well so far I like the Cuddebacks I got for Christmas. Have them on the Cuddelink system. I got this picture a couple of days ago. You can actually see the dogproof coon trap behind the bobcat. We caught a nice size coon in it. (Note to self and others, while initially cool, even I dont want to see 200 pictures of a coon in a trap!) Set 4 coyote/bobcat traps yesterday and Wa La! 🙂 First set I rolled up to this morning. He is a decent sized tom with decent color.

bobcat on trailcam.pngbobcat in trap.jpg

Last edited:
Down here they catch alot of cats in a wooden box with a 220 coniber,I have had a couple shed but it could be like the one I found that looked like from fighting

Down here they catch alot of cats in a wooden box with a 220 coniber,I have had a couple shed but it could be like the one I found that looked like from fighting

What do you use for bait?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well so far I like the Cuddebacks I got for Christmas. Have them on the Cuddelink system. I got this picture a couple of days ago. You can actually see the dogproof coon trap behind the bobcat. We caught a nice size coon in it. (Note to self and others, while initially cool, even I dont want to see 200 pictures of a coon in a trap!) Set 4 coyote/bobcat traps yesterday and Wa La! First set I rolled up to this morning. He is a decent sized tom with decent color.

View attachment 61277View attachment 61278

Nice cat! We hope to get thin them out now that deer season just ended.

I’ve been real pleased with our CL system. 24 cams covering 400 acres and only 1 cell bill :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone want to bet that this buck "Minus" as we call him will be the last buck to shed his remaining antler? He got the name for having no brow tine on the right side. He should have been called "Home Boy" as he has been a regular on camera since last June. Lost one side in late September I assumed from sparring with someone else. Other bucks are dropping antlers, but he is holding tight to his one prized possession! LOL

Minus10.png

Anyone want to bet that this buck "Minus" as we call him will be the last buck to shed his remaining antler? He got the name for having no brow tine on the right side. He should have been called "Home Boy" as he has been a regular on camera since last June. Lost one side in late September I assumed from sparring with someone else. Other bucks are dropping antlers, but he is holding tight to his one prized possession! LOL

View attachment 61477
Most of the buck I still have on camera still have both sides. I think I've only seen one that shed one side so far. I'll still have buck with antlers well into February.

Oooooooohhhhhh… Almost game time!!!
d4d9b7e95220591faa91a7fbae428525.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to go look in that field behind him soooooooooooo bad!!! 😂

Alright experts. It’s up to you guys to decide if I go shed hunting or not. I say it’s him. So do my wife and dad. Thoughts? Notice the light spot on his lower left hind leg.
7acb090bc15a9627fcb5e33dfbfe523b.jpeg

102cfadd1c3f27125112017b95f79f15.jpeg

Alright experts. It’s up to you guys to decide if I go shed hunting or not. I say it’s him. So do my wife and dad. Thoughts? Notice the light spot on his lower left hind leg.

I would say its highly likely that its the same deer.

Do you feel like they ate the alfalfa or just trampled it into the snow rooting out the corn?

Gotta be him based on that marking alone I would think!

I would say its highly likely that its the same deer.

Do you feel like they ate the alfalfa or just trampled it into the snow rooting out the corn?

I’ll find out tomorrow. First time looks like they nibbled a little maybe. This bale was terrible though. Had mold and wasn’t very good. The others showed more use.

I’d say almost 100%

I wish it was a little closer to the camera. That is his blind eye. It looks stained and a little off. A flash or less distance either one would make it clear.