Trail Cams?

Fat Lab

Yearling... With promise
Due to what was deamed a "1,000 year flood" this past fall in SC caused me to lose 2 of my cameras. It's been several years since I've bought cameras or even really done much research on what's hot now but Im in the market for 2. I really liked the Moultries but am open to anything. What say y'all?

I have a couple moultries and coverts. For the price I don't think you can go wrong with the coverts. Pic quality and battery life have been outstanding.

I will vote for Moultries as well. I have had very good luck with durability, battery life and quality of pictures and video. Might not have the fastest trigger speed ( I set mine in situations where that is not likely to be an issue), but for the money I like them.

I've used Moultrie, Browning, and Covert. I think the Browning Black Ops is the best value camera out there, the video quality is incredible, I run strictly videos on the Brownings because I was so impressed with it, you miss a lot on picture mode compared to video mode. I have 4 of the Browning Black Ops and plan on adding another 4 to the collection before the season starts.

Are you looking for blackflash or red glow ? Seems like quite a few guys like the Browning Strike Force right now. It's a red glow camera.

I prefer the blackout.

Covert, Bushnell and Browning are my favorite in that order.

Moultrie is good too for a cheaper camera

some how I ended up with 3 stealth cams.

My only covert went missing...either removed by a bear or stolen.

Brownings are the best bang for you buck that you can do. Good customer service, pic quality if fantastic and mid market price range.

I have had all of the ones mentioned, and I'm now a Browning guy, except my Covert cell cams. They fill a niche, although poorly at times.

Nobody has mentioned Spypoint yet. I've been using them for several years now and they have been workhorses for me. Sure the more expensive cams take better quality photos and video but at under $100 out the door (on sale) I'm very happy with them.

Check wingsupply.com and midway for clearance and sale prices. I have found some browning for 60% off at those 2 sites. If you duck hunt wingsupply.com is dangerous to your wallet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fat Lab, take your broken cameras to Dick's Sporting Goods if you still have them and trade them in for a couple Bushnells. They are worth $30 ea. towards new ones.

Fat Lab, take your broken cameras to Dick's Sporting Goods if you still have them and trade them in for a couple Bushnells. They are worth $30 ea. towards new ones.
Is this for a certain brand, or do they take any trail cam in on trade?

I was just there last night. The new ones must be Bushnells, a couple models to choose from, including aggressor low glow, and essential 2. All of which had good reviews at trailcampro, and the old ones can be whatever in any condition. They didn't ask me about the old ones, which were cuddeback capture white flash, they just took them.

I haven't been in a Dick's since they took an anti-gun stance after the Newtown shooting, but I might make an exception to trade off some of my junk cams.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have about 90 Browning Strike force and Recon Force cameras. I think there are some others that are okay. I have tried nearly all brands by manufacturer, but certainly NOT every model. I have had better success with the Browning cameras. So far the Strike Force is just a little better than the Recon, but not by much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have about 90 Browning Strike force and Recon Force cameras. I think there are some others that are okay. I have tried nearly all brands by manufacturer, but certainly NOT every model. I have had better success with the Browning cameras. So far the Strike Force is just a little better than the Recon, but not by much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you running any of the 2016 Browning BTC 5HDE? They are like the 2014 BTC 5HD, but better. I like them. Bought another last night on sale for $99.95.

No everyone of mine is a 2015 or 2014.

Just picked this lil one up for $80 at our local farm store. Its moultrie new budget micro cam. It's 12mp, 1 sec trigger an 8+ month battery life. Only thing lacking per the specs is flash range which is only 50ft.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Set it up for some testing. It's quiet. No click when it takes pic. I walked past it at a steady pace at 5 yards and it tripped every time. I was usually just entering the frame indicating good trigger speed. I know it's no reconyx but can't hardly justify that $$$ with so many budget cams out their.
image.jpeg

Last edited: