All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trail cam blunder...need advice on new ones

My Bushnells have been good, but I would stay away from the Eyecon. I have had nothing but problems with it. They replace them good under warranty but it's a poorly designed camera that fails when you need it working.

:):):)...One smile for each camera!
I didn't have rice in the house yesterday so I put the cameras in our food dehydrator overnight on "low". I planned to go get rice today.
Lo and behold...all 3 cameras appear to be working normally in limited testing. I guess they need some real-world testing. So I'll be hanging cameras and peeing in scrapes shortly;):D
Thanks for all the suggestions and I still plan to shop for at least one new camera so I'm still open to opinions.

Check out Natchez shooters supply, I got 4 of the Primos truth cam 35 ultra's that were refurbished. They were around 50-55.oo, take good pics run on 4 D batteries and you can clear the cards right on the camera.

I got 2 of the Bushnell essentials E2 this year. I have been very impressed with them so far. Good clear pictures and a great flash range.

All I run any more are the Moultrie 990i 2nd gens.

I haven't had any issues with leaving them on and in the woods for two years straight, I have five out right now. Batteries last for 8-10 months, easy to use/set up, pics are above average and you can buy them at Rogers for $99

Check out Natchez shooters supply, I got 4 of the Primos truth cam 35 ultra's that were refurbished. They were around 50-55.oo, take good pics run on 4 D batteries and you can clear the cards right on the camera.

Buddy and I bought 6 of them between the 2 of us. They are all dead. Wouldn't recommend it......

Tap, if you just want pics and you can swing it, buy yourself a Reconyx HC600 and don't look back. You'll have a cam you can rely on for years.

I use Moultrie and Covert with good success. I use them form April 15 through the end of Archery season here in Wisconsin. Some of my Moultries are over 6 years old and still work good. They take over 500 pictures and video's a week, I replace the batteries 3 times a year. My business depends on them and I depend on the cameras for my business. If you want to see what the pictures look like here is a link them.

Trail Cam Pro sells new, used, and refurbished cams and if Im not mistaken they offer a 2 year warranty on all cams. Cant go wrong with that!