All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towable water tanks

I simply flush out the tank on my sprayer and use it - why complicate it?

3 point mount, holds 55 gallon of water, I simply use my spray wand to fill a "seep bucket" at each tree and away I go. I would think any tank on some sort of a lawn tractor trailer or the like would work as well. Just watch how big - water is roughly 8lbs/gal so the weight adds up pretty quick.

J-bird - We don't have a big commercial sized sprayer at my camp to use for watering. Back-pack size only. Instead of filling & hauling 10 5-gal. buckets, we want a one-time fill, drive away and get 'em watered rig. Just for water - because some of the guys aren't all that careful about rinsing after using pesticide or herbicide !! Gotta go the fail-safe route. Separate, heavily labeled rig just for water. We had a guy driving around spraying gly on EVERYTHING a few years ago using his quad. Wiped out a bunch of plot plantings and cabin lawn. Had no clue. See what I mean !!

I just carry empty 55gallon barrels in my truck and fill them after I rinse them out. Totes are nice too but heavy if filled. If they aren't filled the sloshing back and forth is uncomfortable while you're driving.