Time to lighten up - Laughter is good medicine Part II

Was thinking of suggesting a jump rope on the wife xmas gift thread.
Keep us posted.......

........"and how's that workin' for ya?"
Dr Phil

bill

a46f56a0e0eea5b761ebce6923352710.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to referee soccer games in HS and college for some gas money and the verbal abuse was unreal. I would many times go home and pretend to sh*ttalk the parents in my head all the time. People can be real dicks

I use to ump a few middle school baseball games, only because the regular umps all quit, so they asked at the games, and the coach pointed to me. I did it for about 6 weeks, at first I was so nervous, but after that, I never listened, nor cared what they were saying, including the players. It was usually my kids team, or the parents to my kids team yelling, and complaining, mostly to give me shit, I would just every once in a while sneak the middle finger at them.

I umped boys baseball and it was fine for the most part. One day they were short an ump for girls softball so I got roped in. Holy crap, without a doubt the girls softball coaches were the worst! Never did that again.

I umped boys baseball and it was fine for the most part. One day they were short an ump for girls softball so I got roped in. Holy crap, without a doubt the girls softball coaches were the worst! Never did that again.
I umped 1 high school game for like 3 innings, all the pitches looked like they were balls, or that they were going to hit me. After the 1st inning, I told them I cant call the pitches, they just said do your best, the ump is on the way. No way could I hit girls underhand fast pitch.

My kid has umped for the last 2 seasons, and very rarely been harassed. He has been told a few time he’s one of the best umps they’ve had. I think it comes down to being competent and consistent. I coached for many years, and I have never heard a good ump get crap. If people are giving you crap, you probably suck.
When I watch the LLWS, I see the catcher set up a foot outside, and if the pitcher can hit his glove, the ump will give a strike 3. That’s BS imo, a strike is a ball over the plate.

Seems that no matter what the call unless it's blatantly obvious, half the people are pissed with every call(the team/fans that the call was against).

I had a son in high level travel baseball and a daughter in the same class of fastpitch.

The only asshole coaches I ever saw were coaching the girls. Some of the stuff I witnessed is unreal.

I got heckled by a bunch of fans for a ball that bounced over the fence. I called it a ground rule double and they yelled at me that it didn't matter how it went over the fence, that was a home run...

the dude had a rat tail and a Ben Roethlisberger jersey on... Just saying.