Time to end food plots?

strawhead

5 year old buck +
Man, I am becoming discouraged. I am beginning to wonder if I am doing more harm than good!!!2016-9-8 Crossroads (2).JPG2016-9-10 Middle Beans (3).JPG 2016-9-10 Middle Beans (4).JPG 2016-9-10 Min Stmp Rd (3).JPG 2016-9-10 SE Hill (7).JPG 09090062.JPG The deer have NO TIME TO RELAX. This is a VERY SMALL sampling of the pictures we get of these of these hunters.

What u need ...is a bunch of steel brackets for these guys......

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ya, trapping/hunting pressure on those guys will severely limit the amount of daylight activity they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its tough for a lot of us to trap when we are hours away, and only get to the hunting land every other week.

That and the fact that 2 in the pack are carrying collars and it is a federal offense.

Can u find someone local who traps?

These are all wolves and there is no open season.

Strawhead....where are u located ?

NW Wisconsin

Those are all wolves?

Can u trap coyotes?.....if so I would set a crap load of coyote traps.....

Here is one with a collar.2016-8-19 Middle Beans.JPG

Bushy tail means Coyote. They eat a lot of mice and grasshoppers that are in your plots but I would still thin them out. The collared one is definitely a wolf. Must not be very many or you would not see the yotes.

I see one in the first set of pics that I think might be a "w", the rest definitely look like yotes IMO? The first pic and the last 3 pics sure look like the same dog and a yote at that.

So here are some dumb question. If we are following the letter of the law, and we are trying to trap coyotes and catch a wolf (especially one with a collar) is the trapper suppose to release it? Would the stress of being caught, and then pinned to the ground with a catch stick so it could be released cause the wolf to avoid your property in the future?

So here are some dumb question. If we are following the letter of the law, and we are trying to trap coyotes and catch a wolf (especially one with a collar) is the trapper suppose to release it? Would the stress of being caught, and then pinned to the ground with a catch stick so it could be released cause the wolf to avoid your property in the future?
i've done some trapping...and i would have to say that being caught then released would cause a coyote or wolf, to high tail it, never to be seen again in my opinion,

Who in their right mind would attempt to release a wolf? Or why would you? I would think a trapper could dispatch that thing and have that collar in the river so fast, no one would be none the wiser.