All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This gets fun when...

chummer

5 year old buck +
I had this new 10 show up this week and my other 2 studs are still around. We are three weeks into gun season so glad to see they are still upright. 4 weeks to go but hopefully one of them goes down!
All three of these deer are bigger than any have had since I have been doing the habitat thing 4 years ago so something must be working.
New 10
image.jpg

11 has been on and off all year.
image.jpg
7 and 1/2 he is a daily visitor
image.jpg

Forgive my ignorance... but how long is your gun season? Wisconsin's is 9 days and it seems like a month long :)

I hope you connect with one of them!

-John

Forgive my ignorance... but how long is your gun season? Wisconsin's is 9 days and it seems like a month long :)

I hope you connect with one of them!

-John
Oct16th-Dec2 give or take a couple days. Thankfully I am in a no doe zone though.

Oct16th-Dec2 give or take a couple days. Thankfully I am in a no doe zone though.
Heck with a season like that here in WI I might even have a chance a buck ;). Rut hunting with a gun. I thought MN was the only place that did that.

Heck with a season like that here in WI I might even have a chance a buck ;). Rut hunting with a gun. I thought MN was the only place that did that.
You would think so but I have 5 bucks in 12 years. Unless you shot yearlings they go pretty nocturnal.

You would think so but I have 5 bucks in 12 years. Unless you shot yearlings they go pretty nocturnal.
I believe it. Gun season pressure turns our woods into a lifeless nuclear wasteland.

Good luck, they are great looking bucks. Seems like with all of the work you have done you are due.

Good looking bucks, good luck with them!

Wow that's rough.

(more ignorance) When in the heck is your archery season?

-John

I thought MN was the only place that did that.

Nope Nebraska is just as stupid! We would have a ton more monster bucks if rifle hunters didnt have to shoot them when they are at their stupidest.

Wow that's rough.

(more ignorance) When in the heck is your archery season?

-John
Sept 27th till mid October. Great time to get a big woods buck with a bow:rolleyes:

Wow that's a crazy gun season! Good luck putting one of those bucks on the ground!

MO. puts the orange army in the woods during the rut. Nov 14 to the 24th.

That's why Iowa is only a mile from me but they have many more real studs running around. They shotgun hunt in Dec.