All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squirrels and Feeders

JackTerp

5 year old buck +
I have been having an issue with tree rats getting into the tubes on my feeder and just raking feed out onto the ground. They will empty a 200 pound feeder in a week. I have had a few die of lead poisoning, but I can't be there all the time so I have contracted with a local security firm.

PICT0107.jpg
Notice the squirrel in the tube?

Yes!

You need a dog - a squirrel hungry dog! I have a coon/beagle dog that loves squirrels - he thinks they make neat toys! A squirrel may be a handful for that cat - please set your cam to video - I want to see!!!!!!

You need a dog - a squirrel hungry dog! I have a coon/beagle dog that loves squirrels - he thinks they make neat toys! A squirrel may be a handful for that cat - please set your cam to video - I want to see!!!!!!

I have two cameras covering the feeder. One is set up to take video only but I have the sensitivity set a little higher and it didn't get any footage of the encounter. The one set up for stills is set to take 3 shot bursts but only the first one had the cat and the squirrel in it. That is a feral cat and I have seen it, in the past, dragging off a dead squirrel.