Spring 2017 fruit trees

How long did it take you to type all that???? LOL

I already had it documented in a note on my ipad so I just pasted it

Some real addicts on here !!!
Dan - How many thousands of man-hours do you have in your orchard ?? That's a ton of varieties !!
Think of the amount of apples, crabs, pears, persimmons, oaks, hazelnuts, chestnuts, etc. planted by all of us on this forum. All this is going to provide game food and perpetuate varieties for another generation of folks. While it's fun and " big-boy " play of sorts, it's doing good in many ways - not just for deer hunting.

I like to read what everybody is planting / grafting / babying. Keep 'em coming.

I am afraid to guess how many man hours. These listed varieties don't include the ~100 varieties already planted in the orchard. Last year, I planted 75 trees by myself; I think my body is still sore from that project!

Nice vid Bill!

REALLY interesting variety, Appleman !! I remember you from other forums - hope you stick around here. Good to hear from you !!

REALLY interesting variety, Appleman !! I remember you from other forums - hope you stick around here. Good to hear from you !!

I thought I was all BA messaging him to come over here at the other forums demise. He was already here just never posted.

I am afraid to guess how many man hours. These listed varieties don't include the ~100 varieties already planted in the orchard. Last year, I planted 75 trees by myself; I think my body is still sore from that project!

I'm curious to know what you have all growing, age wise and what stock do you grow on. Are you trees free standing?

I already have over 450 trees that I care for but will be adding for wildlife Frostbite, Snowsweet, and Franklin Cider. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=harvesting vermont cider apple&view=detail&mid=0BD21E38821DE8D715A50BD21E38821DE8D715A5&FORM=VIRE

Appleman same kind questions, mostly i lean on you guys that have a ton cuz I'm gonna have around 100 when I'm done and I don't know what to do with all of it. Coarse commercial operations seem to have a lot of the same variety to sell in quantity. I'm only gonna have 1 tree of a ton of different varieties for fun.

So are your trees free stand? What stock and things did you select?

I already have over 450 trees that I care for but will be adding for wildlife Frostbite, Snowsweet, and Franklin Cider. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=harvesting vermont cider apple&view=detail&mid=0BD21E38821DE8D715A50BD21E38821DE8D715A5&FORM=VIRE

You know after seeing that video, I remember when you posted this on the other forum. So starks is now selling your cider apple?

I have on order 2 Frostbites, 2 Dolgos, 1 Woodarz, 1 Harolson, and 1 Chestnut. This will make year 4 of 5 of my orchard plantings. I wanted to have different year classes, and I figured 5 years would be good. I plan on about 25 trees in this little orchard. Then I also have a couple in the yard as well.

I just counted the number of varieties we have planted. Don't think I ever posted it on here - 32 named, known varieties. We also have 5 wild apple seedlings from SLN and 5 older, unknown trees. Total of 42 varieties. If I can add a couple more varieties that I'd like to have, that should be enough for our needs at camp. :rolleyes: ............ I think I said that before a time or two :oops:.

I planted 2 apple and 1 pear tree 2 years ago and learned real quick to put screen on the tree trunk or they'll get girdled, I lost the 2 apple trees but the pear trees didn't get touched. Last year I planted 5 apple trees from Turkeycreek and I am getting 5 more from him this year plus I found a orchard pretty close to me selling trees and I'm getting some from them.

1 - Jonafree
1 - Golden Delicous
1 - Fuji
2 - Arkansas Black
1 - Barlettt pear
1 - Shenadoah pear

1 - Tollman Sweet
1 - Nova Spy
1 - Winesap
2 - Enterprise

Last edited: