So who still has apples hanging

That’s an awesome looking tree. Have you noticed any disease issues on this tree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No disease and a reliable bearer. Here's what the apples look like in Aug. Too tart for me but the wildlife like them.
Sinkhole_apples_8-26-16_001.jpg

No disease and a reliable bearer. Here's what the apples look like in Aug. Too tart for me but the wildlife like them.

This graft has been growing in my orchard since 2015, so far so good.

Well I’m going to give it a try in the South. Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

Darn it! I was over to the farm shed hunting, the Maya apple was loaded, but I didn't think to take a picture. I'll get over there and get some pics soon. I did shake some down for the deer though. These deer are coming back from it, into an old wild orchard. There's nothing left on those trees. I did get my first few Maya apples on the ones I grafted at my house, I'll get some pics of those too.
We did have our nice January thaw. It dropped over 2' of snow to less than what you see in this pic...great for the deer. Looks like we have a bunch of snow on the way next week though.
IMG_0021.JPG

Darn it! I was over to the farm shed hunting, the Maya apple was loaded, but I didn't think to take a picture. I'll get over there and get some pics soon. I did shake some down for the deer though. These deer are coming back from it, into an old wild orchard. There's nothing left on those trees. I did get my first few Maya apples on the ones I grafted at my house, I'll get some pics of those too.
We did have our nice January thaw. It dropped over 2' of snow to less than what you see in this pic...great for the deer. Looks like we have a bunch of snow on the way next week though.
View attachment 16625

Those deer look great, George.

My Maya graft took , but I have slow growth. The location is a bit too wet.

Those deer look great, George.

My Maya graft took , but I have slow growth. The location is a bit too wet.

Mine were slow to fruit. I just top worked some crabs w them...
An apple grew into a robins nest in one my trees! Lol1016161011.jpg

What is a Maya apple ?? I must have missed that info on here somehow.

Holy Schmidt, Maya. Whatever that is .............. it's a big winner !!:emoji_thumbsup:

@CrazyEd Monster Crab, does that drop its fruit or does it hang and the wind blows 'em down. Just looking to strategically place my orchard trees this spring and Monster is one that is being moved out there.

Went to the farm today. Centurion and winter wildlife crabs were still both loaded. I didn't have time to snap pics while pruning all my trees but I'll be grafting more winter wildlife this spring and have a bunch of 2-3 year old trees in my nursery already.

Went to the farm today. Centurion and winter wildlife crabs were still both loaded. I didn't have time to snap pics while pruning all my trees but I'll be grafting more winter wildlife this spring and have a bunch of 2-3 year old trees in my nursery already.

Are Deer working your apples?

That’s an awesome looking tree. Have you noticed any disease issues on this tree?

Sinkhole_apples_8-26-16_001.jpg

Pretty apple to my eyes!

What is a Maya apple ?? I must have missed that info on here somehow.
Wild Apple l found on farm l manage.
Loaded as usual. They hang into march...

View attachment 16633[/

Did you send me scion from that one? I got one labeled Maya.

Are Deer working your apples?

This tree is fenced and the deer can't get to the fruit. I grafted the tree and it's in its 3rd leaf I think. Some day it may get a smaller diameter cage, or will stretch out over its current cage.

Just found this tree still holding a bunch today in zone5. Shed hunting a county park far from main areas. On property line of adjacent farm field. Most amazing part is this is very high ground with no wind protection. Looked like a deer manure spreader drove around the tree. Will return to collect scions for sure 20180304_144714.jpg

^^^^^ A real gold nugget !!

That is a TALL tree @Northbound !!

@CrazyEd Monster Crab, does that drop its fruit or does it hang and the wind blows 'em down. Just looking to strategically place my orchard trees this spring and Monster is one that is being moved out there.

I did not get a good look at the tree when I was at the farm on Saturday. Not sure if it was still holding or not.