So What Happened to Ne Neighbor Thread?

So take the initiative to drive over to his place and talk with him about his hired crew cutting on your land. Is that so hard. Or would you rather speculate about his intensions and actions.

I won't defend what he's done, and I sure as hell won't defend or agree with the way you're handling the situation either. Calm down, stop making assumptions about his status and intent, and if you can, have an adult conversation about it.
What's " I sure as hell won't defend or agree with the way you're handling the situation either" supposed to mean ?.

I went to the guys house when I noticed the crew working on my land. I Knocked on the door nobody was home , One of his Employees happened to drive up the driveway . I waved him down , He texted his boss the Landowner my number. The landowner called me about a hour later. We had a friendly conversation ,he was out of town and he was supposed to call me 3 days later to walk the property line. It's 3 weeks later and not a peep out of him. What's not to defend or agree with how I handled that ?.

There's no excuse , He's a grown man with a 1.5 Million dollar house and property, I'm not going to hunt him down..
I already took the initiative by contacting him, he chose to blow me off by not contacting me for 3 weeks . Say what you want , but that's a reflection of his character not mine. I'll watch what happens , if work resumes on my side without him contacting me or having a survey done, my next move will be to contact the proper authorities ....The Ball's in his court , he should be contacting me not the other way around.

Last edited:
UPDATE: It's been 3 weeks since our phone call and The "New Neighbor" never bothered to call or contact me, I call that a lack of TACT. He's been home, I've heard him mowing on two occasions , and seen his truck coming and going. Our phone call That Sat morning was Friendly and he said he was out of town until that coming Monday , and he'd be glad to walk the line and be shown the survey pins when he returned .

I don't know if I would swear to it under oath , but I'm 99.9 % sure he said he'd call me Tuesday the day after he got back , but no calls or contact in 3 weeks . My land is posted , His is NOT, somebody commented "The fence is shared" IT's Not , It's 100 % on my land and his crew was cutting a 2-3 foot wide 50 yard long path along it . You can cry all you want about me "trespassing" walking the 50 yards in a straight line, from the fence to his door on his UNPOSTED LAND to question the situation ...BUT you've got a screw loose if you think that's remotely the same as them CUTTING on my land that IS POSTED.

I'm sure half of you will sit there and still defend this guy , even though HE hasn't contacted me (like he said he would) in 3 weeks now. I think my original assessment of him being highfalutin was spot on. Say what you want...If it was the other way around and I was away, when I returned I would of at least had the decency to call at the end of the first week if I was too busy to meet up.

I got Ten Bucks that says he'll never call , he probably called a surveyor the Tuesday he was supposed to call me. I hope he spends $1,500 - $2,000 for a survey to find out the fence is mine.

Developing a relationship with new neighbors is always a delicate situation. Each side is apprehensive and can have agenda(s) that may not be aligned. He has no obligation to call you. Maybe you did or said something, or said something to another neighbor that got back to him, that has rubbed him the wrong way. Maybe some more important life issues have come up.

Trespassing is trespassing. If you are on someone's land without their permission, regardless of your justification, you are trespassing.

If it were me, I'd walk over there with a 6 pack of beer and a stick of venison sausage and break the ice the next time I saw him there. Assume he made a mistake with the fence clearing and doesn't know how to unravel it. Get to know him a bit before you launch into the fence issue. He may think you are that crazy guy next door he wants to avoid ... being rational and personable can go a long way.

I would of at least had the decency to ....

Funny how with somebody who is your neighbor and who you're going to eventually have to see face to face you're trying to be the decent guy, but behind the protection and privacy of your computer screen you were calling everybody names and insulting children on the now deleted thread.

Developing a relationship with new neighbors is always a delicate situation. Each side is apprehensive and can have agenda(s) that may not be aligned. He has no obligation to call you. Maybe you did or said something, or said something to another neighbor that got back to him, that has rubbed him the wrong way. Maybe some more important life issues have come up.

Trespassing is trespassing. If you are on someone's land without their permission, regardless of your justification, you are trespassing.

If it were me, I'd walk over there with a 6 pack of beer and a stick of venison sausage and break the ice the next time I saw him there. Assume he made a mistake with the fence clearing and doesn't know how to unravel it. Get to know him a bit before you launch into the fence issue. He may think you are that crazy guy next door he wants to avoid ... being rational and personable can go a long way.
That's just because you're a midwestern guy.

If you were an east coast guy you'd understand trespassing only applies when you want it to.

If it were me, I'd walk over there with a 6 pack of beer and a stick of venison sausage and break the ice the next time I saw him there. Assume he made a mistake with the fence clearing and doesn't know how to unravel it. Get to know him a bit before you launch into the fence issue. He may think you are that crazy guy next door he wants to avoid ... being rational and personable can go a long

No obligation to call after he said he was going too ? . Duly Noted.... that makes you the type of Guy who's words mean nothing just like his .

Unlike you and the New Neighbor, If I give my word I Man up and honor it . If an emergency came up I'd place a 30 second call to explain and reschedule . So now it's " maybe I said or did something ?". Nope not at all, I only talked to one neighbor and asked if I could walk across his yard to look for the survey pin that joins all 3 of our properties , because the new guy had workers there. He had company and that was the extent of our entire conversation...BUT according to you "I may have said or done something wrong" SURE . So what's the grace period for his "Important Issues" that you're assuming may have come up for him not to contact me ? . Apparently 3 weeks and him having time to mow his lawn 2 times in between is fine with you...is it 2 or 3 months that's acceptable for you ?. It's funny how you like making excuses for somebody that either intentionally or Unintentionally caused the whole problem...and then they just Ignore it.

I’m not going to get in the middle of the actual squabble, but I’d recommend putting cameras up with video capabilities in locations that the neighbor might try to cross or if shows him doing something to the fence you will have him on camera ?

How many acres are we talking about here ?