All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shooting bench

Thats something that is on my project list.

After years of using a portable table, my son found shooting bench plans online n built us a bench for the farm.
View attachment 44341View attachment 44342View attachment 44343
There is something to be said for a good solid shooting bench for sure.

I built 2 of these on our property:

Thinking about applying for a patent on the stool :)
IMG_3255.JPG

100 yard range
IMG_2877.jpg

200 yard range
IMG_7835.jpg

We built one identical to this. Put in a 500 yard range. Solid as a rock.

We have one just like it - maybe five years now - out in the weather the whole time. Getting a little rough around the edges, but still solid. I built one with a granite top - it is really nice, gun rest slides easily on top - but you could fry an egg on it in the summer

just a FYI< if you guys using treated wood, would coat them with a good stain wood sealer, they will last a lot longer and not get as dry and have as many slivers sticking up as the wood ages on you's!
its a fats easy way to get more/longer use out of them!

007B8B71-6DA4-4A94-B1AA-17DAB10EC2A5.jpeg
I use white MDF board and make a form and pour my shooting bench tops out of concrete. I get many years of service out of them. These are a couple spares I poured last time I was fooling with pouring them. One of my coworkers and his son in-law both think they need these two.

One of the leg system styles that I’ve used that works well the cross bracing is a requirement to solid them up. This is my home bench under a roof next to the man cave it’s only a 385yd range but good enough for working up loads.
C6D341A6-8EF9-4E1B-8F44-7F800DF5CD21.jpeg

One of the leg system styles that I’ve used that works well the cross bracing is a requirement to solid them up. This is my home bench under a roof next to the man cave it’s only a 385yd range but good enough for working up loads.
View attachment 44348
I'm going to need to see more pics :) Thanks!

I'm going to need to see more pics :) Thanks!
Of the legs or what exactly do you want to see more photos of? I have that one at the house three more at the farm one at my brothers one I gave away as a house warming gift. I did poured concrete legs on one of them but to be honest I probably prefer the steel leg system.

Of the legs or what exactly do you want to see more photos of? I have that one at the house three more at the farm one at my brothers one I gave away as a house warming gift. I did poured concrete legs on one of them but to be honest I probably prefer the steel leg system.
I'd like to see a pic of the whole thing, but mainly interested in the too. Very cool!

Using the white mdf board as a mold makes a very very smooth concrete finish very nice on the elbows 😉

Tops need resealed

In my neck of the woods I’d have to mak 5 shots to reach out to 1000 yrds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. The farthest you can see on my 1/4 section is 200 yards - only in my 2 largest destination food plots.

Got the shooting bench set up down at the farm. Located at end of cabin under covered porch.
88E6F3F4-73DE-46E5-88F9-4A6B2D8F2C7C.jpeg

Farthest dirt mound is 300 yds.
8F98A3BD-73C1-434E-85FC-617A33A6053D.jpeg

Very nice folks!