Shed planning help.

Booner21

5 year old buck +
Looking for recommendations on what do you wish your shed would have or something you can't live without. Mine will be 40x64 with 12ft overhead doors. I am going to have a full bath with washer and dryer, small walkin cooler and a scent free drying room. Beyond that I am open to ideas. I don't tinker with cars so no need for a lift.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A overhead hoist on a trolley would be in mine. As well as a plumbed in air line.

I have considered the air line

Wood stove

Yours might be very well lit, but we like having sky lights in our Morton machine shed. Depending on how "classy" you want it to look, some people don't like how they look.

Yours might be very well lit, but we like having sky lights in our Morton machine shed. Depending on how "classy" you want it to look, some people don't like how they look.
Do you have the ones on the ceiling or around the top wall?

Separate area for game cleaning. Sealed floor, possibly a floor drain, large sink and counter top area.

Don't know your location, bu
Separate area for game cleaning. Sealed floor, possibly a floor drain, large sink and counter top area.

I did exactly that. Built a separate insulated bay inside my barn with walk-in cooler, epoxy floor, floor drain, a set of kitchen cabinets, sink, and an electric hoist on the 12' ceiling. Butchered 3 today, makes it much more fun/easy. We do all of our butchering and canning out there. I think I'm going to put a tankless water heater in to help with clean up.

Cooler and slop sink with cabinets is on the list. Great suggestions. I will have hot water due to the full bath and washer.

Breeze-driven " Whisper-Cool " vertical fan on the roof or high windows that open to let heat out in summer time. Overhead door and roof fan or high open windows will create a good " chimney effect " to remove heat. Save $$$ on cooling !!

Electric hoist, floor drain, sink, counter or stainless table to clean deer on are all good ideas. Gotta go with Chummer on the wood stove too !!

" 40x64 with 12ft overhead doors. "
HAHA!,
in my area that ain;'t no shed, that's a building!
I just did a shed here 16x20, and went LED lighting thru it, hated the buzzing of cold starts on florescent lights.
and agree with the above a hoist that can be moved, a few retractable air and electric lines, and I would even consider some heated concrete , nothing like laying down on warm ground as you get older to work on things in winter time, plus helps things dry if bringing wet vehicles on winter snowy days!

Ha don't tell the wife. She has tried to shrink it 3 times now. I haven't talked to a single person that doesn't have one full within a year. We have talked about floor heating but the added expense is not something we were going to tackle with natural gas on the premise.

a building is NEVER big enough, you always run out of space, there like gun safe's, always buy bigger, better to do so ONCE than need a second one!

Truer words ......... ^^^^^

Contractor talked me out of floor drains. I will have a sink and cabinets. I would love to insulate it but not sure it is in the budget now.

No floor drains? That's crazy!

I would consider insulating the floor before pouring concrete - plus I too would suggest a floor drain. Best of luck with your plans and build!