All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shawano/waupaca county realtors

Doohop65

5 year old buck +
I am looking for recommendations for a realtor to set up times for me to walk some properties in the waupaca/shawano county areas. I have never done this before so any suggestions are helpful.

I have a house realtor I have used several times but think using her is a bad idea. I have read mo's thread in buying mistakes and am heeding that advice as well.

I prefer someone who knows the area and will not get queezy writing an offer I am happy with. There are a few properties that I may be interested in writing that will be 35-45% off list.

While I understand comps are tough with land I keep finding listings vs what has sold has substantial gaps. I don't want a realtor who will push me to get a deal done to line their pockets.

Thanks for the keep.

I prefer someone who knows the area and will not get queezy writing an offer I am happy with. There are a few properties that I may be interested in writing that will be 35-45% off list.

Why don't you tell that to the realtor up front and see how many are willing to show you properties.

If the listings really are that far off comps, I don't think a good realtor should feel insulted by lowball offers.

JFK52, I am not looking to screw ppl but I am also not in the business of overpaying. I have every intention of being up front with the realtor.

I first need to find a decent one I can trust. I figured somebody here has probably worked with a decent realtor in that area and would save me some time having to visit 10 until I find one I like.

I drove by 2 properties, one for sale and one sold that would be considered a Comp. They are within 8-10 miles of each other. The Comp property has a nicer cabin and more acreage. The acreage would probably be better from the aerials and drive by for the Comp property.

The property for sales is nice but way over priced. The Comp suggests by 150k. I would probably be will to offer better than the Comp would suggest but not listing price. My realtor will have to be ok with writing that offer.

Do your research and send letters to the landowners in the areas that you want to hunt in. You will be surprised how many responses you will get from people who don't have land listed for sale but would like to sell the wooded part of their parcel.

Right now might be a good time to inquire or put an ad in one of the local papers. I do that in MN, and I get a response almost every time (I sell hunting farms in MN). Maybe something that states I will rent back the tillable on long term contract...they might sell knowing they could still farm the land.

Without a doubt, Jim Zierden 715-853-8038

He's out of Shawano. He knows what to look for in hunting land.

I can tell you a realtor in Waupaca NOT to use. Shambeau/Lyons reality. I was considering selling my land years ago and even though I personally knew Mr. Lyons, he was a lousy realtor for hunting land. Might be better with homes and condos.

Whitetail Dreams Real Estate- Jeremy VanHulle
920-819-1338. Very knowledgeable. He's out of Iola.