Severe cold weather is coming

Lowest I see in ours is -19 next Tuesday. Not sure how deep the frost will go with the snow cover we have now, but with plenty of zeros I guess it'll creep down there slowly. Feel bad for the deer. Wish I had more stuff for them to eat. Good luck to everyone with these temps.

If it is going to be zeros, and down to -19, I would get something to cover that line up now. How far do you have to go? If it isnt very far, go get some 1.5 inch foam 4x8 sheets and lay them down over the water line, then throw something on them so it holds them down. 80 feet is 10 sheets, and they usually run about $15-20 per sheet, but that is cheap insurance against hoping someone can get out there to dig it up and fix it, if it breaks.

Man, I wouldn't even make it out to hunt in some of the temperatures y'all got! We're expected to get down in the 20's and teens over the next week and that's cold enough for me. Good luck to y'all northern guys!

Tue and Wed is looking to be a bit sporty as far as having a bit of a chill.... Good snowmobile temps - if we had the snow.... sleds run strong and no one else is on the trails but us clowns. We really do need some snow cover around here... our trails haven't been open at all yet, and the plants really do benefit from having that cover.

Attachments

• 2222.png
    2222.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 17
Man, I wouldn't even make it out to hunt in some of the temperatures y'all got! We're expected to get down in the 20's and teens over the next week and that's cold enough for me. Good luck to y'all northern guys!

Is that above or below zero?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-32 forecast for here on Tues. That's actual temp not wind chill. For the next week the high is forecast to be ZERO.

Is that above or below zero?

Above. I don't think I could handle below zero. Haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

-32 forecast for here on Tues. That's actual temp not wind chill. For the next week the high is forecast to be ZERO.

Ouch. That’ll be a rough stretch for sure.

If bow season didn't go though this week (metro seasons along lake Michigan) I would have been going somewhere warm. Can't leave until seasons over though no matter how bad it is.

Balmy -9 after -22 about 11 PM.

Two weeks and the worst will be over.

^^^^^ Better have your "longies" on for those 2 weeks !! :emoji_astonished: Woodstove weather.

^^^^^ Better have your "longies" on for those 2 weeks !! :emoji_astonished: Woodstove weather.

Mr Grandpa had winter and summer long underwear. The summer ones were getting kind of thin cause he wore them all winter first. He might not wear them during July, but pretty much the other months.

My Dad said spring came and he decided to take a bath. He found a pair of long underwear he didn’t even know he had on as he had been looking for them all winter.

Both stories are true. Note, it is true that is what my Dad said, not that what my Dad said was true!

Gettin’ confused.., so am I.

It was -22 deg F here this morning (air temp not wind chill). Couldn't close the storm door after letting the dog as the oil in the dampener was too thick.

It was -22 deg F here this morning (air temp not wind chill). Couldn't close the storm door after letting the dog as the oil in the dampener was too thick.

Just thinkin’ ‘bout a Three Dog Night.

It was so cold we had to let another dog in to keep the bed warm.

Cabin Fever gettin’ to me?

-22 without the wind, huh Spud ?? I believe a part of me might retreat so far I might then have a tail.

One huge benefit is this weather is making good ice... getting out on the lakes has been limited (vehicles) in many areas on question of the thinner lake ice.... though chipping the tip-ups out is a reoccurring pain in the butt its a good time to be in a shack.

Wednesday looks brutal -20 for a high and -33 for a low and then we are getting 18 mph winds...not sure what the wind chill will be with those temps...ouch

Sad when 2 degrees feels balmy

I see we are looking at 6-12" of snow with a max of 18" too

Just thinkin’ ‘bout a Three Dog Night.

It was so cold we had to let another dog in to keep the bed warm.

Cabin Fever gettin’ to me?

Art ... as a person that knows a doctor ... I am prescribing that you need more blackberry brandy.

The dose should be patient directed ... :emoji_slight_smile: