Seeds are planted!

sandbur

5 year old buck +
The garden is tilled and apple seeds are planted.
d66765bffab0c6251895c0ef34b53f71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The garden is tilled and apple seeds are planted.
d66765bffab0c6251895c0ef34b53f71.jpg

The seeds planted last year were nibbled on once by the deer and will be transplanted in the spring. Maybe even the tops will be clipped for scion.
dc49df13e1d50d8ca342e93dbe67f488.jpg

Far left is really a root sucker from a wild plum rootstock. I have a place for it along a swamp. That spot has been mowed and repeatedly sprayed with roundup.

Several other spots are prepped to transplant last years seedlings and sometimes a few seedlings from this next spring when I thin them at 1-2 inches high.

That’s a good way to do it! I’ve buried root-trapper bags ( and cells) in the fresh till. Sprinkle lots of seeds - keep the strongest sprout, one per cell , one per bag. Make the transplant injury free.

I used root trapper bags in the past and also started seeds in the house in late winter.
I got tired of the watering and care, so went for an easier route. I just water the seedlings when I water the tomatoes.

That’s a good way to do it! I’ve buried root-trapper bags ( and cells) in the fresh till. Sprinkle lots of seeds - keep the strongest sprout, one per cell , one per bag. Make the transplant injury free.

Yup!

So they will sprout in the spring?

Bur - That soil looks like superior stuff - all dark and fluffy. No wonder your stuff germinates !! Your seedlings look really good.

Is that an old poker in that one tube in the fence ?? My Dad had one like that he used in our old "bucket-a-day" coal fired water heating system years ago. (1950's / 1960's)

Bur - That soil looks like superior stuff - all dark and fluffy. No wonder your stuff germinates !! Your seedlings look really good.

Is that an old poker in that one tube in the fence ?? My Dad had one like that he used in our old "bucket-a-day" coal fired water heating system years ago. (1950's / 1960's)

I have no idea what it is. I just collect junk that I can use for a pole.