All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rock River Arms Vs Sig Sauer

kl9

5 year old buck +
https://www.rockriverarms.com/index...onid=74AD2962D13F356AF2BCB326236F77B5.cfusion

I had been dead set on buying this gun and was planning to this week. Then someone told me these guns have difficulty with residue and gumming up. I was also told to get a Sig Sauer rather than RRA because of this. Does anyone have experience with either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own Colt AR rifles so I have no experience with these two rifles. One thing about any AR type rifle is that it must be cleaned and lubricated on a regular basis for it to function properly. It is not like some of my .22 rifles that I can shoot for 500+ rounds before I need to clean them. AR type rifles are very easy to break down and get to the parts that need a tiny drop of lube. Check your owners manual for directions.
If price is not consideration, I would choose a Sig Sauer every day over a RRA. But that is just my humble opinion.

I have the Rock River LAR 15 Varmint A4. Have had it about 4 years now. Took it on a 2 day South Dakota Prairie Dog hunt last year. Shot about 500 rounds thru it without cleaning. Never failed. Cleaned it when I got home. It was pretty dirty, but still functional.

No issues with my RRA. Are you asking about DI or Piston?

I got to test them for work when we were looking at getting new weapons. First the salesman decided to use some new lube when showing up to try to sell a bunch of rifles. The Sig jammed bad. I am talking having to call our armorer out to extract spent rounds. I had it double feed on me when I shot it, and I didn’t like how loud the spring in the stock pinged after every shot. I still think it was the lube he decided we would be the guinea pig on but it wasn’t a pleasant experience. My Brother has a RRA he custom built for coyote hunting and it’s a solid weapon no doubt.I really liked the Ruger piston driven a buddy of mine carried. It stayed much cleaner than the standard AR but recoil was a little more chippy making follow up shows a little more difficult. Enjoy.

Bravo Company makes a very good product also. If I was to get another that is what I would get.

Reactions: kl9