Rock River Arms Vs Sig Sauer

kl9

5 year old buck +
https://www.rockriverarms.com/index...onid=74AD2962D13F356AF2BCB326236F77B5.cfusion

I had been dead set on buying this gun and was planning to this week. Then someone told me these guns have difficulty with residue and gumming up. I was also told to get a Sig Sauer rather than RRA because of this. Does anyone have experience with either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own Colt AR rifles so I have no experience with these two rifles. One thing about any AR type rifle is that it must be cleaned and lubricated on a regular basis for it to function properly. It is not like some of my .22 rifles that I can shoot for 500+ rounds before I need to clean them. AR type rifles are very easy to break down and get to the parts that need a tiny drop of lube. Check your owners manual for directions.
If price is not consideration, I would choose a Sig Sauer every day over a RRA. But that is just my humble opinion.

I have the Rock River LAR 15 Varmint A4. Have had it about 4 years now. Took it on a 2 day South Dakota Prairie Dog hunt last year. Shot about 500 rounds thru it without cleaning. Never failed. Cleaned it when I got home. It was pretty dirty, but still functional.

No issues with my RRA. Are you asking about DI or Piston?

I got to test them for work when we were looking at getting new weapons. First the salesman decided to use some new lube when showing up to try to sell a bunch of rifles. The Sig jammed bad. I am talking having to call our armorer out to extract spent rounds. I had it double feed on me when I shot it, and I didn’t like how loud the spring in the stock pinged after every shot. I still think it was the lube he decided we would be the guinea pig on but it wasn’t a pleasant experience. My Brother has a RRA he custom built for coyote hunting and it’s a solid weapon no doubt.I really liked the Ruger piston driven a buddy of mine carried. It stayed much cleaner than the standard AR but recoil was a little more chippy making follow up shows a little more difficult. Enjoy.

Bravo Company makes a very good product also. If I was to get another that is what I would get.

Reactions: kl9