All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renovtion clover

tinytim

5 year old buck +
Any one ever plant Renovation clover? I cannot get Durana up here and was looking for something that would persist longer than your standard white clover, which I am replanting every other year, my seed guy recommended this. Supposed to last for years, has a high stolon count and tolerates cold and low ph. I know if it sounds to good to be true it usually is, so I was hoping some one has planted this and what your experience with it was.

Never heard of it or tried it, if you are planting your clover ever other year it might be worth a try.

guess i'll let you guys know how it does, I split a 25lb bag with a buddy. hope it outlasts what i'm planting now.

Keep us in the loop tt, I for one am always interested in how a "new" variety performs for deer plots. What USDA Zone(or Canadian equivalent???) are you in up there? I know the Maritimes have a bit milder climate than the interior areas, more similar to the coastal areas of British Columbia, but HOW much milder?

guess i'll let you guys know how it does, I split a 25lb bag with a buddy. hope it outlasts what i'm planting now.
Good luck with it, let us know.

Keep us in the loop tt, I for one am always interested in how a "new" variety performs for deer plots. What USDA Zone(or Canadian equivalent???) are you in up there? I know the Maritimes have a bit milder climate than the interior areas, more similar to the coastal areas of British Columbia, but HOW much milder?
A bit milder yes, but nothing like coastal BC, i wish we had their weather! I am USDA zone 5 here. We still have a bit of snow and are getting down well below 32F each night. We have lots of frost until the end of may so i am hoping this gets here sooner rather than later and i can frost seed some. I am very hopeful on the longevity of it.

Have you tried Alice clover. I have long cold miserable winters and I have a plot going strong into its 4th year.

I would agree with Chummer if you haven't tried Alice yet, seems to be the most cold hardy of the white clovers, or at the very top of the list anyway.

I have not tried Alice clover. Should have spoke with you guys before I ordered this. If this fails to perform, Alice will be the next contestant.