Rage Deflections

younggun1849

5 year old buck +
Anybody having or hearing of rages deflecting?

I talked with the guy who has a tracking dog that we used on opening weekend, and he said he has had 64 calls to track deer this year and 75% of the calls are using rage broadheads. He mentioned they are having shots that hit a rib and ricochet straight down and out the belly not getting both lungs on what should be a slam dunk double lung shot. I've used rages for 6 years with not 1 deer running over 75 yards, but hearing this has me second guessing my decision.

I talked with the guy who has a tracking dog that we used on opening weekend, and he said he has had 64 calls to track deer this year and 75% of the calls are using rage broadheads. He mentioned they are having shots that hit a rib and ricochet straight down and out the belly not getting both lungs on what should be a slam dunk double lung shot. I've used rages for 6 years with not 1 deer running over 75 yards, but hearing this has me second guessing my decision.
I never lost a deer before using rage. I lost two in a row including the biggest buck I ever shot. I switched back and have not lost one since. Broadside, at 20 yards they are fabulous, but so is every other broad head made. Both deer I lost were quartering away and looked like good shots. No idea what went wrong.

I've used them for at least as long as you have and have never had this problem, I along with my 2 sons and not one deflection. I've also read this before but haven't seen it personally.

Personally I have never had an issue with them, but I don't take extreme quartering shots.

The buck I shot on Friday , double lunged, broke the first rib and had complete pass through. I used the 2"cut with chisel tip. Seems fine to me.

I used to use them. Somehow I favor the shoulder blade. I watched two arrows literally fall out of two does in a row.

That little razor up from was bent in half on both of them. I went straight back to my Muzzy's.

If you're not having a problem then there is no sense in second guessing. I shoot the Rage Extremes now and really like them and have had no problems so far. I've shot most every broadhead out there at one time or another but, have shot Rage for 6 years now. I would go with what works for you over what works for other people.

I've use them and have I've taken quartering & broadside shots. Always had complete pass through. They have never given me a reason to try anything else.

I had that happen to be once back in 2008. I had another bad incident with Rage that year where I suspect it opened prior to impact and the blades busted off. You could not pay me enough to ever use them again. What I used now for fixed blades work great and that is one less thing I have to worry about in the woods.

yup.. junk. Shot a buck completely broadside. The arrow went in above the heart and came about near opposite hind quarter. I got the deer after a day. I switched to shwacker and LOVE them. They put a hole in a straight line wherever you aim. I have shot them quartering away and it's perfect. Love them.

My cousin gives me a lot of crap about using the Rage. I've never had one issue with them. Well after seeing his tiny blood trail that was hard to find and follow and having to track the deer 100 yards with a perfect shot (we found it) using his Montec's I will continue to use the Rage. I think A LOT more people use the rage so you only hear about rage. It's like a quarterback that throws a lot vs a quarterback that has a great running game...who's going to have more interceptions?
People always need to blame something and a lot can happen that we can not see. Deer moves, hit a twig, gust of wind and shot angles....everything comes into play. I've found and killed deer when I shouldn't have if not for the Rage.

I haven't lost a deer yet, I have been shooting them since the second year they came out, not even sure when at was around 2005 I believe Over 20 kills and have had to track 4 or 5.

My wife s cousin said he shot a buck quartering away at 35yard with a rage and it bounced right off.

My wife s cousin said he shot a buck quartering away at 35yard with a rage and it bounced right off.
It's a bird, it's a plane , no it's superdeer. Deer of steel. LOL.

This is just a rip off of a thread on the QDMA forums. Nothing original to be had here? Seems not

This is just a rip off of a thread on the QDMA forums. Nothing original to be had here? Seems not
Yeah except this one appears to have been started several hours before referenced above. So who's copying who.....more like a topic that's probably being discussed in a bunch of bars all over the place the same time this stuff is being posted here. Just an observation, I don't even bow hunt.

Isn't it about time for someone to start a ballistic tip thread?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Isn't it about time for someone to start a ballistic tip thread?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Like a .17 HMR ballistic tip on yotes at over 100 yds...ok sorry back to topic:D

Yeah except this one appears to have been started several hours before referenced above. So who's copying who.....more like a topic that's probably being discussed in a bunch of bars all over the place the same time this stuff is being posted here. Just an observation, I don't even bow hunt.
Yep, guess you're right. Only difference is that the QDMA thread has some actual pics and this one has nothing for "proof"

Oh well, these forums are about as active as my 95 year old grandma, I'll head back to where there are actually more than 4 people posting

Pretty good odds this guy ^^^^^ is from MN.