Quite a contrast in these two

Nice!! So where are those pictures from last year? ;)

That is some serious growth for one week. Not sure who would win if he squared off against a typical rack. I bet someone would take a beating.

Nice!! So where are those pictures from last year? ;)

I'm going to hold off a little longer and post them later. I want him to get a little bigger so the shock effect will be more.:D

That is some serious growth for one week. Not sure who would win if he squared off against a typical rack. I bet someone would take a beating.

I think the typical might be figuring out how to fight with two eyes poked out.:D

He is about as cool as they get!

Keep your genes out of my pool :)

A few years behind you but this guy could be interesting some day.

1dd5a319753ae5a77831fc4967c981f2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keep your genes out of my pool :)

A few years behind you but this guy could be interesting some day.

1dd5a319753ae5a77831fc4967c981f2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL Bill. Looks like I have started an epidemic!!

Wish I could find a picture I took of a mount I did for a guy several years ago. Looked like two fore arms coming out straight out of the top of the deer's head with almost what looked like hands at the tops. You could set a softball on either antler and it wouldnt fall off.

I didn't get any more good pics of Abby-Normal, but got a pretty good one of the deer he is running with.

Last edited:
Always crazy how the camera angle can play tricks on you. The wide one looks so much wider in that angled pic. Do you have pics of him from the past? Just wondering if he has always had short tines?

I would still try and kill "Too Tall Jones"!

Always crazy how the camera angle can play tricks on you. The wide one looks so much wider in that angled pic. Do you have pics of him from the past? Just wondering if he has always had short tines?

I would still try and kill "Too Tall Jones"!

That's actually a smaller, different deer in the next picture that is narrower standing at the same spot a few minutes later. But it's unusual how they do resemble each other except for age.

I think I have pics from last year that was the wide one. I'm going to dig those out one of these nights. I remember some short tines on one that I thought was 3.

As for "Too Tall Jones" (aka Abby Normal) he is on the radar.

Once I get the tax man to repair his skull with bondo where his mamma set on his head, he may look pretty good...LOL.

Last edited:
I'd call him fish gig. :).

Then change his name to hamburger later on.;)

Your freak deer could be similar to the one my buddy shot last year.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Your freak deer could be similar to the one my buddy shot last year.

That thing is a hog! If my deer ends up looking that good I will be very happy.

Well, well, well............the evil daylight complacency plan is working...:)

How early does your bow season open? Man he would look even sweeter with full velvet and a short haired coat when mounted. I love putting together short haired deer. I often tell people I would trade a 10" deduction of antler on a buck if I could shoot him in the early season.

How early does your bow season open? Man he would look even sweeter with full velvet and a short haired coat when mounted. I love putting together short haired deer. I often tell people I would trade a 10" deduction of antler on a buck if I could shoot him in the early season.

September 1 if I remember correctly. It's been a few years since I've bow hunted, but used to be pretty handy with one. It would take some practice getting back in the groove, but might just do that depending on what we are seeing at that time. Lot's can happen between now and then... I basically just ran out of time because of work but always wanted to get started back again.