Quite a contrast in these two

Yea really quite the contrast there, they all look really good!

Good progress for this time of year. They ought to be dandies by October. Mega-diet at Native's deer haven !! ;)

I got some close up pictures of the FREAK's rack. I've never seen anything as strange looking. What could this end up looking like??????

Looks like he's not going to be very wide but plenty tall with maybe a bunch of stickers. Pretty good sized deer too 4-5 yrs old?

Looks like he's not going to be very wide but plenty tall with maybe a bunch of stickers. Pretty good sized deer too 4-5 yrs old?

Almost certain he is 5. Two years ago he was the first deer we saw on opening morning of gun season. He was a big gawky looking 3 year of with a 6 point rack that went straight up in the air. We let him go, and I hoped he would wander off and get shot somewhere.:)

This year - regardless if he turns out good or bad - I want me or my son one to get him. He's mature and needs to come out.

Wide one took a daylight stroll out in the open. Not smart.

This little deer was still with him mother until this week. She finally ran him off.

This is her eating MFR...LOL.

This is the limb she was eating.

I like the toad in the second pic. Looks to me like body wise he is going to be a brute.

I like the toad in the second pic. Looks to me like body wise he is going to be a brute.

Yep, he gets on the hit list even if I have to waste my buck tag on him. I may give him the name "Hamburger" because that's where he is headed if we see him during season.:)

And he might even make a pretty freak instead of a ugly one - Let's hope so.

Bill, finally got some clear pictures:

I would definitely shoot the freak! Just because I like freaky deer!:) That last picture screams old deer even in the summer, you might need a tractor with a bucket to haul him out come fall.

I would definitely shoot the freak! Just because I like freaky deer!:) That last picture screams old deer even in the summer, you might need a tractor with a bucket to haul him out come fall.

LOL, yep - no need for back strain. I've been down that road before.

That deer is so cool.

I searched and searched but can't find a pic I want to post.
Somewhere I have 1 pic of a deer that passed through my place like 7 years ago. He had points sticking "up" everywhere. No wider than his ears. But he was a 97 pointer . Just like yours.

Anyone can shoot a typical giant. Put that guy on the ground and you'll never shoot another like it.

That deer is so cool.

I searched and searched but can't find a pic I want to post.
Somewhere I have 1 pic of a deer that passed through my place like 7 years ago. He had points sticking "up" everywhere. No wider than his ears. But he was a 97 pointer . Just like yours.

Anyone can shoot a typical giant. Put that guy on the ground and you'll never shoot another like it.

We will be hunting him hard. Like I told my son - we want to take him regardless of whether or not he turns out good or bad.

Can't remember if I have already mentioned this or not - but two years ago that was the first deer we saw on opening morning of gun season and he was the ugliest 3 year old I had ever laid eyes on. I hoped all day he would wonder off somewhere and get shot. Now I'm glad he didn't. This should be a fun season.

He was also here last year, and later on I will post some pictures. It's like his mass had doubled in only one year. I would never thought it was possible. Must be those big chicory stalks.:D

That one's easy. The points down low are just stickers and those 2 poles in the middle are actually the brows. The main beams are just getting started and will go ahead and curve around with 4-5 points each. He'll probably have an 8-9in drop on one side too. What do I win?

Hopefully he can find something to eat around there ... I've read your habitat thread. ;)

That one's easy. The points down low are just stickers and those 2 poles in the middle are actually the brows. The main beams are just getting started and will go ahead and curve around with 4-5 points each. He'll probably have an 8-9in drop on one side too. What do I win?

Hopefully he can find something to eat around there ... I've read your habitat thread. ;)

LOL, with that description, I won't be able to sleep tonight.

By the looks of that gut, I think he has been taste testing lots of different food items...

He was also here last year, and later on I will post some pictures. It's like his mass had doubled in only one year. I would never thought it was possible. Must be those big chicory stalks.:D

Oh cool, can't wait to see those pics.

Yeah, around here we'd be calling him Hossenfeffer, 'cause he's definitely a Hoss.

I can't wait to see what he grows in to. I got this one 1-1/2 yrs ago, the right antler was a big blade that reached for the sky.

http://www.habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/i-didnt-get-a-chance-to-get-in-the-stand-this-afternoon.2008/

Wow - I love the looks of that deer. And, that mass is just awesome....