Poll: What is the Average Amount of Deer You See Per Sit this year?

What is the Average Amount of Deer You See Per Sit this year?

• Total voters

Terrific_tom

5 year old buck +
This is sort of a follow up of Bueller's poll. I figured this would give every one a little perspective of what each member of forum is dealing with when it comes to deer numbers. It is not meant to be a bragging tool but maybe give every one an eye opener as to how good or bad the deer numbers are for members of this forum .

Down to 1 per sit this year. 3 sets and have not sat food yet.

I have sat 4 times all last weekend. Totals were 1, 8, 5, and 2. That is a a 4 deer per hunt average. First hunt was my property and I saw a spike. The others were dads place. One forkie, 1 two year old seven point and the rest antler less.

3 of those hunts were with my daughter so there is a fair amount of commotion and short hunts due to kid level of patience. I also had some loose dogs screw up the last hunt.

The time I saw 1 deer, I was alone. She may be my good luck charm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its either been 0 or 3 (doe and her fawns). One button buck. I voted 1-2 for an average.

Around 1 per sit average. Pretty exciting stuff.

Sit - 2 fawn bucks in range.
Sit - 2 does and 1 fawn out of range.
Sit - basket 6 or 8 in range.
Sit - 100 inch 8 pt out of range
Sit - lone fawn buck in range

5 sits - no deer.

Better than none, but it gets tiring using that analogy year after year.

Around 1 per sit average. Pretty exciting stuff.

Sit - 2 fawn bucks in range.
Sit - 2 does and 1 fawn out of range.
Sit - basket 6 or 8 in range.
Sit - 100 inch 8 pt out of range
Sit - lone fawn buck in range

5 sits - no deer.

Better than none, but it gets tiring using that analogy year after year.

I'm not even in Minnesota and that is about what I am averaging.

I have 3 properties.

A - 5 acres, if I see deer 50% chance its a really nice buck, but I only see deer 1 in about 6 sits there. Numbers very when I do see them from 1-10.

B - 8 acres, if I see deer I would say 10% chance its a buck I'm going to want to shoot. I see deer 1 in ever 2 sits there. When I do see deer its generally between 1-5 deer. (This is at my house, the woods I grew up in so its a bit more special to me).

C - 121 acres, I see deer 97% of the time unless its a blizzard. I would say a 20% chance of it being a buck I want to shoot and I generally see between 20-80 deer per morning/night sit.

1.9 for me so far this year. Sadly that is higher than most years. The number is inflated a bit by multiple sightings of the same resident doe with her twin fawns.

I had been doing better than normal in terms of deer see this year, no bucks older than 1.5 yrs old though. Then this a.m I got skunked, but I think a number of factors contributed to that.

1.25 for me so far. I haven't sat my main property yet, but sat up north last weekend and once on some public around home. 5 deer in 4 sits.

In Minnesota I am averaging .25 deer per sit. Been out 4 times. In Kansas .75 deer per sit, 4 sits (one weekend). In Missouri 4.75 in 4 sits (one weekend). Not counting the giant my kid shot (hope I am not offending anyone), the only buck I have seen was a forkie in MN.

I voted 1-2 average. Out of 5 sits I have seen a doe and her fawns twice & another doe once. Then there's that $%**@& dog.

3 sits
Of the 7 total deer, 3 were bucks
I am also averaging more bucks on the trail cam pulls than does. Often times it will be the same group of 4-5 does, but 7-8 different bucks.

Seeing decent amount of deer per sit, one nice buck

C - 121 acres, I see deer 97% of the time unless its a blizzard. I would say a 20% chance of it being a buck I want to shoot and I generally see between 20-80 deer per morning/night sit.

You serious? Holy crap!

Good grief!!!!
I dont see 20 a season typically.

My friend 15 miles nw of us saw 17 last weekend. I was jealous of that.

For those using tapatalk, did you have the poll show up? I didn't realize there was even a poll until checking back this evening. I had to log onto the old fashion website to cast my vote.

Good grief!!!!
I dont see 20 a season typically.

My friend 15 miles nw of us saw 17 last weekend. I was jealous of that.
We have a lot of deer in general on our county, but this property is in a particular heavy pocket of population.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday morning - 6
Saturday evening - 9
Sunday morning - 11