All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll: What is the Average Amount of Deer You See Per Sit this year?

What is the Average Amount of Deer You See Per Sit this year?

• Total voters

Terrific_tom

5 year old buck +
This is sort of a follow up of Bueller's poll. I figured this would give every one a little perspective of what each member of forum is dealing with when it comes to deer numbers. It is not meant to be a bragging tool but maybe give every one an eye opener as to how good or bad the deer numbers are for members of this forum .

Down to 1 per sit this year. 3 sets and have not sat food yet.

I have sat 4 times all last weekend. Totals were 1, 8, 5, and 2. That is a a 4 deer per hunt average. First hunt was my property and I saw a spike. The others were dads place. One forkie, 1 two year old seven point and the rest antler less.

3 of those hunts were with my daughter so there is a fair amount of commotion and short hunts due to kid level of patience. I also had some loose dogs screw up the last hunt.

The time I saw 1 deer, I was alone. She may be my good luck charm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its either been 0 or 3 (doe and her fawns). One button buck. I voted 1-2 for an average.

Around 1 per sit average. Pretty exciting stuff.

Sit - 2 fawn bucks in range.
Sit - 2 does and 1 fawn out of range.
Sit - basket 6 or 8 in range.
Sit - 100 inch 8 pt out of range
Sit - lone fawn buck in range

5 sits - no deer.

Better than none, but it gets tiring using that analogy year after year.

Around 1 per sit average. Pretty exciting stuff.

Sit - 2 fawn bucks in range.
Sit - 2 does and 1 fawn out of range.
Sit - basket 6 or 8 in range.
Sit - 100 inch 8 pt out of range
Sit - lone fawn buck in range

5 sits - no deer.

Better than none, but it gets tiring using that analogy year after year.

I'm not even in Minnesota and that is about what I am averaging.

I have 3 properties.

A - 5 acres, if I see deer 50% chance its a really nice buck, but I only see deer 1 in about 6 sits there. Numbers very when I do see them from 1-10.

B - 8 acres, if I see deer I would say 10% chance its a buck I'm going to want to shoot. I see deer 1 in ever 2 sits there. When I do see deer its generally between 1-5 deer. (This is at my house, the woods I grew up in so its a bit more special to me).

C - 121 acres, I see deer 97% of the time unless its a blizzard. I would say a 20% chance of it being a buck I want to shoot and I generally see between 20-80 deer per morning/night sit.

1.9 for me so far this year. Sadly that is higher than most years. The number is inflated a bit by multiple sightings of the same resident doe with her twin fawns.

I had been doing better than normal in terms of deer see this year, no bucks older than 1.5 yrs old though. Then this a.m I got skunked, but I think a number of factors contributed to that.

1.25 for me so far. I haven't sat my main property yet, but sat up north last weekend and once on some public around home. 5 deer in 4 sits.

In Minnesota I am averaging .25 deer per sit. Been out 4 times. In Kansas .75 deer per sit, 4 sits (one weekend). In Missouri 4.75 in 4 sits (one weekend). Not counting the giant my kid shot (hope I am not offending anyone), the only buck I have seen was a forkie in MN.

I voted 1-2 average. Out of 5 sits I have seen a doe and her fawns twice & another doe once. Then there's that $%**@& dog.

3 sits
Of the 7 total deer, 3 were bucks
I am also averaging more bucks on the trail cam pulls than does. Often times it will be the same group of 4-5 does, but 7-8 different bucks.

Seeing decent amount of deer per sit, one nice buck

C - 121 acres, I see deer 97% of the time unless its a blizzard. I would say a 20% chance of it being a buck I want to shoot and I generally see between 20-80 deer per morning/night sit.

You serious? Holy crap!

Good grief!!!!
I dont see 20 a season typically.

My friend 15 miles nw of us saw 17 last weekend. I was jealous of that.

For those using tapatalk, did you have the poll show up? I didn't realize there was even a poll until checking back this evening. I had to log onto the old fashion website to cast my vote.

Good grief!!!!
I dont see 20 a season typically.

My friend 15 miles nw of us saw 17 last weekend. I was jealous of that.
We have a lot of deer in general on our county, but this property is in a particular heavy pocket of population.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday morning - 6
Saturday evening - 9
Sunday morning - 11