All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poast and Cleth24DB

MojoRisin

5 year old buck +
If I spray a clover plot with Poast (grass) and Cleth24DB (broad leaves) do I need to wait in order to broadcast seeds into it? I know with Gly, one can spread seed the same day it is sprayed. I live 3.5hrs from camp and try to maximize my trips. Thanks for the advice in advance.

Poast, Clethodium, and 2,4-DB are three different chemicals. Cleth and Poast are for grasses, I would use Cleth. 2,4-DB is a broadleaf chemical that works for clover. As for the carry-over, I don't know and haven't read the labels lately. I've never sprayed then tried to reseed, usually if you have a descent amount of clover, it will take back over after you spray. If you don't have enough of a clover stand to begin with, I'd probably start over, rather than spray. Good luck.

Poast, Clethodium, and 2,4-DB are three different chemicals. Cleth and Poast are for grasses, I would use Cleth. 2,4-DB is a broadleaf chemical that works for clover. As for the carry-over, I don't know and haven't read the labels lately. I've never sprayed then tried to reseed, usually if you have a descent amount of clover, it will take back over after you spray. If you don't have enough of a clover stand to begin with, I'd probably start over, rather than spray. Good luck.

I stated Cleth (I thought it was called Cleth24DB) but it is Butyrac 200 which has 24DB in it. Both the Poast and B200 are up at camp. I have never used either and purchased them this year. In the past I have only used Gly/AMS but need something more selective right now.

My goal is to broadcast brassicas into the thin spots of these smaller clover plots. Seeing I am in the north, it is best to get the seed in soon. I may just wait to address the grass and weeds until next spring and get what get this year.

Last edited:
Clethodim lists beets, brassica greens, rape seed, carrots, radish, Kale, turnip greens etc. on the label. I wouldn't have any fear in following it with brassica's right after spraying and it drys.

Poast lists carrots, rape seed and beets. personally I wouldn't be afraid to plant brasicas behind it either.

2,4 D-B I'm not sure about. 2,4-D may linger a bit. Personally I'd do it, But that's me. Can't say you'll be fine so it's your call.