Plots starting to show

Steven Tolly

5 year old buck +
So we made it back down to the farm the yesterday to check on the plots after a lot of rain in the past few days and more to come. The fields were wet and stuff was starting to pop up. We took a few pictures to see what everyone on here thought. This field was drilled about 4 weeks ago, with Radishes, Rape, Brassicas and Purple Top Turnips. We over seeded the three acre plot with some rye 220 lbs of it to help give everything some cover as they grow. IT will definitely have plenty of rain here in Iowa for the next few days or week. For some reason rain is easy to come by right now after our dry summer. I assume the stuff coming up is what we are looking for. Thoughts? Is there anything else I should do for this plot and the other one like it. We could not get rye on the other plot because the creek was flooded. Our plan is to hit it Sept 22nd when we go down for youth season and touch up anywhere in the first plot for some fresh short green if needed.

Attachments

• IMG_3256.jpeg
    IMG_3256.jpeg
    830.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3257.jpeg
    IMG_3257.jpeg
    528.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3258.jpeg
    IMG_3258.jpeg
    776.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
So we made it back down to the farm the yesterday to check on the plots after a lot of rain in the past few days and more to come. The fields were wet and stuff was starting to pop up. We took a few pictures to see what everyone on here thought. This field was drilled about 4 weeks ago, with Radishes, Rape, Brassicas and Purple Top Turnips. We over seeded the three acre plot with some rye 220 lbs of it to help give everything some cover as they grow. IT will definitely have plenty of rain here in Iowa for the next few days or week. For some reason rain is easy to come by right now after our dry summer. I assume the stuff coming up is what we are looking for. Thoughts?
Definitely looks like brassicas to me.