Plot tools

Rit

5 year old buck +
https://www.customcultipackers.com/

These guys look legit. Units look fantastic. Might be the answer to an affordable roller crimper.

Are these the guy that spam craigslist from TN?

I found them on YouTube. I don’t spend very much time on Craigslist. Have you dealt with them before? Even if they spam Craigslist their product looks nice. I’ll be interested if anyone chimes in that has purchased something from them.

Their web site says they went into business in May of 2018, but they have been spamming CL for 5 or 6 years now. Maybe a different company? But yes, this one looks to be in TN also. I called them 5 years ago to get a quote on a 5' cultipacker. That was the last call I made to TN. Their prices were insane. I doubt they will be a good place to find an affordable crimper.

I have an email into them. I won’t hold CL spam against them if it’s the same operation. A lot of times that’s a misunderstanding of how to manage your post albeit quite annoying. I have asked for a quote on a 3 point roller crimper and an 8’ pull type cultipacker. In Kubota orange of course. I have a 10’ cultipacker and don’t need one but thought I’d just see what the price is anyway.

Two things stand out about them to me. Made in the U.S.A and Veteran. If they are unbecoming of a Veteran I don’t mind sharing that with the owner either.

I have not dealt with them. Don't know anything about the quality of their product. I simply won't deal with a company that is deceptive. If you lie to me once, I'm not going to trust what you say next. When I said "spam" craigslist, I did not mean advertise there. There is nothing wrong with that. However, one of the big cost factors for something heavy like a cultipacker is shipping. They hack the location on their ads to make it look like they are located in your area.

I have no idea what quality their product has or it's value. I would not give any credibility to a warranty. It is not uncommon for small companies to offer great warrantees, sell a product for a few years, and then dissolve and reform under another name with essentially the same people. The new company does not carry the warranty liability for the old company.

This may or may not be a trustworthy company, it just has some red flags that concern me.

Thanks,

Jack

I have an email into them. I won’t hold CL spam against them if it’s the same operation. A lot of times that’s a misunderstanding of how to manage your post albeit quite annoying. I have asked for a quote on a 3 point roller crimper and an 8’ pull type cultipacker. In Kubota orange of course. I have a 10’ cultipacker and don’t need one but thought I’d just see what the price is anyway.

Two things stand out about them to me. Made in the U.S.A and Veteran. If they are unbecoming of a Veteran I don’t mind sharing that with the owner either.

I hear you. I don't have a problem with the CL thing so much. It's not true SPAM. Like Jack said, they do advertise all over New England which kind of baits you in. Then you call and learn they are in TN and shipping will be $500 more on top of their ridiculous prices.

The company must have split or something, because they have been around for a lot longer than 2018 as their web site is purporting. I do like made in the USA and I like their materials. I didn't realize it was a veteran owned company...didn't see that on the site anywhere.

I don't see any pricing info on the website so I don't know how they compare, but also look at Omni Manufacturing. I have one of their 6' cultipackers and it's VERY well built and the owner was a pleasure to deal with... he even had me send him all the necessary measurements to make sure he made it to work with my quick hitch. Shipping from MN to TX was $225 which seemed reasonable to me.

I’m curious what their roller Crimper quote runs. If I pony up for the no till drill I will probably get one to use in conjunction with it for some things. Let us know what you hear.

Rit, did you ever hear back from the company in Tennessee?

Rit, did you ever hear back from the company in Tennessee?
No sir. One email but I never followed up after. I keep changing my mind on how I want to plant.

I know the feeling!