All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchard Sprayer

SmallChunk

5 year old buck +
I'm ready to throw away my cheap 1 gallon pump sprayer and bonide fruit tree spray and upgrade.

What are you guys using for a sprayer. I don't have a commercial orchard by any means and don't need top of the line. I have 26 trees planted right now and another 22 grafted and in either root trappers or a small nursery. I plan on imidan/captan next year and maybe Sevin ixl to thin since I spent about six hours hand thinning 5 trees this year.

Let's hear what you have, and what I should be looking to get!

I use mine for a different application - actually spraying plots and the like. I use a Fimco 55 gallon 3 point type boom sprayer (10 foot boom width) - I added a hand gun/wand to it. Had my first real issue with it earlier this summer when the boom fell off. I fixed it though and I won't have that issue again for a while. Boom folds up into roughly 6 feet wide. The sprayer did NOT come with it's own pump (mine is PTO driven) so keep that in mind when pricing. Nice thing about a 3 point type is you can easily adjust your spraying height of the boom. I can also adjust pressure just by increasing PTO/engine RPM's as well. You mention using it for spraying trees - so make sure you have the ability to add a wand/gun if it doesn't come with one. I use mine for spraying plots and watering trees to being a firetruck during burns. I'm certain my wand would certainly reach the tops of my trees if I needed to.

Whoops, I guess I should have mentioned I don't have a tractor! I can borrow an atv when I want but would rather not go through that hassle.... One that I could pull around with my lawn mower would be ideal. Anybody have something like that?

Whoops, I guess I should have mentioned I don't have a tractor! I can borrow an atv when I want but would rather not go through that hassle.... One that I could pull around with my lawn mower would be ideal. Anybody have something like that?
Try a fimco 25 gallon sprayer you can hook to battery of atv and use hand sprayer. Can also use for spraying gly to kill weeds if you get the boom