Orchard Sprayer

SmallChunk

5 year old buck +
I'm ready to throw away my cheap 1 gallon pump sprayer and bonide fruit tree spray and upgrade.

What are you guys using for a sprayer. I don't have a commercial orchard by any means and don't need top of the line. I have 26 trees planted right now and another 22 grafted and in either root trappers or a small nursery. I plan on imidan/captan next year and maybe Sevin ixl to thin since I spent about six hours hand thinning 5 trees this year.

Let's hear what you have, and what I should be looking to get!

I use mine for a different application - actually spraying plots and the like. I use a Fimco 55 gallon 3 point type boom sprayer (10 foot boom width) - I added a hand gun/wand to it. Had my first real issue with it earlier this summer when the boom fell off. I fixed it though and I won't have that issue again for a while. Boom folds up into roughly 6 feet wide. The sprayer did NOT come with it's own pump (mine is PTO driven) so keep that in mind when pricing. Nice thing about a 3 point type is you can easily adjust your spraying height of the boom. I can also adjust pressure just by increasing PTO/engine RPM's as well. You mention using it for spraying trees - so make sure you have the ability to add a wand/gun if it doesn't come with one. I use mine for spraying plots and watering trees to being a firetruck during burns. I'm certain my wand would certainly reach the tops of my trees if I needed to.

Whoops, I guess I should have mentioned I don't have a tractor! I can borrow an atv when I want but would rather not go through that hassle.... One that I could pull around with my lawn mower would be ideal. Anybody have something like that?

Whoops, I guess I should have mentioned I don't have a tractor! I can borrow an atv when I want but would rather not go through that hassle.... One that I could pull around with my lawn mower would be ideal. Anybody have something like that?
Try a fimco 25 gallon sprayer you can hook to battery of atv and use hand sprayer. Can also use for spraying gly to kill weeds if you get the boom