All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old mystery apple tree

I wish I had about 20 acres that wasn't hunting camp to try growing some of these less-than-common varieties you guys talk about. I'd love to just try tasting some of them.
Just give me a holler if you ever do Bows and I can make it happen!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Thanks, Merle !! Much appreciated. The likelihood of a new, separate 20 acres is remote ............ but if I stumble onto a land deal - I'll get in touch !!! I'd be a plantin' maniac.

Ok, but are these large apple blooms?
eabec7e703657138fd849c9128cd4504.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Merle, did that big tree produce any apples this year? Picture update?

Merle, did that big tree produce any apples this year? Picture update?
I went down to check on it two weeks ago when I ran my granddaughter home after spending most of her summer with us.
They had a late freeze that got most of the apples, but it does have several high in the tree that are just getting a little color.
We did sample one I could reach and while not ripe, still had a little sweetness to it already.I'm guessing they will be ripe sometime in August.
I didn't see much if any CAR or evidence of fireblight so that's a big plus.
I do have a few growing on antanovka and I took a few branches to t-bud on a few rootstocks that didn't take this spring and my rooted tops from this spring as well.
Not the best pics, but I had to blow it up to get a shot of one in the top of that tree!
ec9f624134161662e22c0e6794c8353c.jpg
ba80f95e3b2fd2b759836c60ee047e45.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk