Ohio Farm Tours

Never cleaning the table -

This will absolutely result in better wildlife and more wildlife on your farms. Yes, you need to continue to manage timber, populations, natives, etc.

However, when you combine all those with a highly diverse mix - like our Carbon Load - that feeds soils, bugs and wildlife all year - you’ll be amazed at the amount of wildlife that show up over and over again.

We are managing our fields as micro ecosystems that play a small part on the macro level management side of things.

Get outside and enjoy the outdoors!! It’s almost time for Spring NitroBoost Planting!

IMG_6413.jpegIMG_6415.jpeg

Let’s talk benefits of cover crop biomass

Why does soil testing matter?!

We will never stop learning and sharing!

Just a few of the samples we are sending in for evaluation this year.

We are stepping up our game in testing and not only doing the @wardlabs soil health assessment but also PLFA and TND testing. This will give us a complete picture of what’s happening in our soils both from a chemical but more importantly- biological perspective!!

Well be sure to continue to share and help y’all where we can! Thanks for following!! IMG_6525.jpeg

Do you like hinge cuts or flush cuts!?

Well - I like both! Here is a spot that I really like using hinge cuts. This is feathering a field between the road.

I don’t want deer using this area much and I also want to make it physically and visually more difficult for a person to get through. That’s why I choose to hinge cut this and mix in flush cuts as well.

This feathering released several red oaks. Will add food to the edge of the plot - allowing the plot to feed even more deer. Will add security to the plot. Will push/funnel deer between the plot and a proven stand location. Will act as great habitat for grouse and turkeys.

Small changes and a little time with a saw can accomplish a lot fast. Hinge cut or flush cut - just get outside. Be safe and get sunlight to the ground.

We’ll be planting soon!!
IMG_6522.jpeg

What changes are on the table pending the findings of those advanced soil tests?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_9957.jpegIMG_9961.jpegIMG_9962.jpegWhy would you start a seed company?

I absolutely love soils.

I love working with growers to help them achieve their goals.

I love all things whitetails

I love soil science

I love to explain how these can work together to help us reduce inputs and grow healthier plants.

But if I had to pick one thing - it would easily be, the people.

I love the customers. I love working with them and talking to them and getting pictures like this!!

Jared and I both sincerely appreciate all the customers. We know there are a lot of choices in this market. When you give us a chance to work with you - it’s sincerely appreciated. Thank you all.

Have a safe planting season! It’s go time in the South!!

-Albert

What changes are on the table pending the findings of those advanced soil tests?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I missed this somehow.

I honestly want to create a data log of test. These are pulled (except garden) at 6inch depth, from gps coordinates, within several fields. I want to be able to not only track long term chemcial structure changes (base sats let’s say) and micros being help but also the biological components.

Likely on fields that are low in biology - I’ll use more of our fish+humics to stimulate that and seed coat additional myco (tanio is what I’ve used in last and liked).

From there I hope to pull tissue samples to further compare these results to the above ground tissue and if there are any correlations.

So in short - some will see changes. Some will see higher seeding rates. Some won’t see any changes - other than how my mind changes as I observe the situation.

Thanks for asking sir! I appreciate you. Have a great planting season!

Have you wondered about crimping vs. other methods?