Oh yes I got Cicadas.

greyphase

5 year old buck +
IMG-2542.jpg

I've heard the surest way to be shed of a pest is to eat it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Plenty of cicadas here in SE Pa. as well. The hatching out of the ground seems to have stopped, but the adult "singing" is still heard in the trees. Local birds are picking them off mid-air, and off shrubs and lawns. Picked up a few as they emerged from the ground in our lawn, and also a few adults with dry wings. They feel no different than small sand crabs at the beach - but not as lively. The "singing" when holding one is a strange feeling!!

I've never seen them like that. I bet the turkeys are in heaven.

Can’t figure out why we have none. Not that I miss them. Last time the decibel level around my house was maddening.

I've heard the surest way to be shed of a pest is to eat it.

Just remember that if you are allergic to shellfish, you should not eat cicadas. Lucky for me that I am not allergic to shellfish. Unluckily, we don't see many cicadas where I live.

FDA Warns, Don’t Eat Cicadas If You Are Allergic To Shellfish

Your's may be on the same schedule as mine.
They last made an appearance in 2011 so the next is 2024?
Just in time for the eclipse.

Found this and I bet ours are the same.

I saw a bunch in western NC last month. They were concentrated in farm country a few thousand feet less elevation than our property. I’m sure that doesn’t mean we won’t have them later. They were pretty thick in one area, this one made it all the way back to the beach on my fog light.

4216e61da3d6d9c6cbdcdcc86dfbacba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen any this year yet. One of the cemeteries I was working in last year (North Central IA.) was entirely covered in them.

Be thankful they aren't spotted lantern flies. SLF's WILL do major damage to your fruit trees, maples, grape vines / vineyards / wineries, some shrub varieties, etc. Those NFG b*st*rds are emerging now around here. Foreign imports from overseas shipping of goods.

If any lakes in the area, fishing with a small top water bait can be pretty good