All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not why we do it, but...

Congrats!

Thanks. Unfortunately, I had to miss the presentation at the local soil conservation banquet due to a misshap ...broken leg. Worst part is, I will still be in a cast when the trees I ordered last fall show up.

That is nice,I was awarded the Sumner county several years ago,I only have a few trees this year how will you be planting.I'm in SC Kansas

Will be planting 300 bare root eastern red cedar as visual screens around a couple bedding areas. I usually prune the roots so they don’t J-root and plant them with a dibble bar. Also like to dip the roots in root slurry.

That is nice,I was awarded the Sumner county several years ago,I only have a few trees this year how will you be planting.I'm in SC Kansas
Congratulations on your award.
Interestingly, one thing I was asked was “do you get teased often for planting trees when everyone else is dozing them out?” The answer would be yes. I have different goals.

Nice!
Although, I hope all of my habitat improvements go unnoticed over the next 5-10 years... no sense letting the neighbors know there is a reason to take up hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you thought about using the pull behind seedling planter from the state since you are in Kansas.With 2 guys you could plant in an hour and inspect and firm up in another hour

I have used the tree planter before. They work pretty well and are very efficient, especially for putting in shelter belts or planting in an open space. However, the places I want to plant now are in areas that have to be hand planted...no room for tractor and planter.

Know what you mean there,I am going to try to move another 25 or so 3ft cedars when ground thaws.I am planting along creek to block entry view.