All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not getting email notification

Tap

5 year old buck +
I do have the email notification button enabled and I have received a few notifications, but I have not gotten email notification for 90% of threads I'm following. What's the reason for the inconsistency?

Don't know on that one.

There are two places to check the tick boxes off.

One in preferences and one in Alert preferences.
3e38b754d0fab89b920ef2d0c5cd4c18.jpg

49c6061806b510a89cf9cf17daa00bd0.jpg

There are some quirky things with Xenforo.

Some users are not getting the smiley drop down menu on some devices.

The plan is to upgrade to latest version in the near future. Like once everyone has settled in. We don't want to break anything at this transition period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My boxes are checked exactly how your post shows.
I do get alerts from Tapatalk on my phone, but nothing on my Mac laptop.:confused:
Thanks for the reply Bill.

maybe they are going into your spam folder...

maybe they are going into your spam folder...
Good thought, but no they aren't going into my spam folder.
BTW, the only reason I've received notification on your's or Bill's reply is through my phone and Tapatalk. Nothing is showing on my computer.

on the very top of this thread does it say "unwatch thread" or "watch tread" ?

if says "unwatch thread" try clicking it to unwatch...now it should say "watch thread" when you click that is the email option selected by default?

if is says "watch thread" for some reason your not watching it....

on the very top of this thread does it say "unwatch thread" or "watch tread" ?

if says "unwatch thread" try clicking it to unwatch...now it should say "watch thread" when you click that is the email option selected by default?

if is says "watch thread" for some reason your not watching it....

Already tried that. I believe I've tried every cure before I posted this thread. Didn't want to waste anyone's time helping me for something I could see an obvious fix.
For example, I'm watching (and participating) on the sunflower thread... I've yet to receive a notification (on my Mac) on replies to that thread. I have received notifications on my phone via Tapatalk, though.

if you have never received an email...maybe double check your email to make sure it is correct. Maybe even delete it and retype it in and save.

I'm not sure how Tapatalk works but I'm guessing it sends it's own alerts.

if you have never received an email...maybe double check your email to make sure it is correct. Maybe even delete it and retype it in and save.

I'm not sure how Tapatalk works but I'm guessing it sends it's own alerts.
I have received SPORATIC email notification. That's why I'm confused...why only about 10% of the time? And now its less than 10%. Maybe deleting and re-entering will fix it. This is a typical issue with computers and other tech. (Got other household tech issues)
I have a love/hate relationship with technology...love that I can communicate with you all, but hate when things don't work as designed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I upped the number of notifications a member can get on a single thread from 5 to 10. I don't think this is the problem but maybe just updating some background settings will be like beating on a stuck starter :)

Last edited: