Non resident hunting in western states???

BuckSutherland

5 year old buck +
I would like to hunt elk, mule deer or whitetail deer in North Dakota, SD, Wyoming, MT, or ID, maybe Colorado. What is the EASIEST way for a non resident to go do a hunt?? I wouldn't mind hunting any of those animals in any of those states. I've been doing some research and the lotteries seem impossible. I wanna hunt with a rifle. What is the going price for an "average" hunt??? Let's hear your suggestions for different hunts and how much its gonna cost. Looking to go in 2025.

There was a measurable amount of mortality due to winter in the west this season the harvest numbers are low.

You might wanna check that deal first.

Montana general tag 6 week’s archery, 6 weeks rifle. Deer is about $700

If you want…….I could meet you in eastern Montana near glendive….you bring a river type boat….I will bring some saddle/ pack horses. The catfishing is great.

I heard the walleye/ sauger is good also.

Last edited:
There was a measurable amount of mortality due to winter in the west this season the harvest numbers are low.

You might wanna check that deal first.

Montana general tag 6 week’s archery, 6 weeks rifle. Deer is about $700

If you want…….I could meet you in eastern Montana near glendive….you bring a river type boat….I will bring some saddle/ pack horses. The catfishing is great.

I heard the walleye/ sauger is good also.

I took the elk meat you gave me out of the freezer and cooked it on my pellet grill for Christmas eve with a bunch of people over. We had the burger a few weeks ago and it was awesome. Whatever cuts you gave me were absolutely PHENOMENAL!!!!

A bunch of people got their first taste of elk meat. I've never had elk steak or roast so this was a real treat. I seasoned the meat with pink salt, and pepper mostly. Added a little onion powder, garlic powder, lemon pepper and then wrapped it up with bacon. I cooked it on my pellet grill between 200-225 until I got to 135 internal temp. Then I slid my center open and tried to get the bacon done and took the meat off at 138 degrees and tented under tinfoil for 25 mins. It was soft, succulent and moist. So damn good. We were pleasantly blown away. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It was a huge hit in my house. Defiantly among some of the best meat I've ever ate.

IMG_8611.JPEGIMG_8613.JPEGIMG_8614.JPEGIMG_8619.JPEGIMG_8620.JPEGIMG_8621.JPEG

I am glad you showed me this!

I am surprised how the elk crusted under the bacon.

I shoot for a little more rare ………but it can often be very hard to do so serving a houseful.

Thanks for sharing!

Its 4 below here today.

Merry Christmas!

It was so damn good....

Merry Christmas to you and your family and friends too. I haven't been outside today, but yesterday was 50 degrees one hour west of Minneapolis. I heard the ice up north took a beating from the rain. Most of the lakes are wide open were I live. I went golfing on Friday and Saturday. I wanna go ice fishing.

I had foot surgery, so I can’t go.

Hopefully you get some ice soon.

This 4 below deal is most likely heading your way……..