IMAG0219.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG0239.JPG
    IMAG0239.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMAG0044.JPG
    IMAG0044.JPG
    636.8 KB · Views: 58
roym - That buck has some mass in the last pic!

I didn’t see any April pics.... does that mean this one should be decent ?
2bb919f00e3a7e2e03c864a21104d036.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d606e317c904bdf441fbd3233a2e93d9.jpg

Not the most photogenic deer ever. But I like the raccoon pawl on his left main beam.

Looks to me like you're getting the "thumbs-up"!

He’s not the biggest… but he’s the biggest showing up on my property!! Mostly smaller bucks showing up on cam so far this summer. Hopefully, more like this guy and bigger will show up come fall.

07250597.JPG07270700.JPG

Well I wasn’t Sure first then I glassed him today. At first I thought shoot. Then I thought maybe next year.
this is the first time he gave me a full body shot.
He’s on the hit list!
Look out when his neck catches his ass!
E13DEA04-D400-44BF-98D8-8BF3C0EE62B5.jpeg

Update from down Florida way... knocking on wood, "Split Ear" and "Lucky" still alive and kicking as of yesterday. They hung around the house a good bit yesterday, once a few hundred yards away on a road that leads to our pond, then a few hours later I ran into them driving my mule around to pick up camera cards from one of my fields. You could tell it's summertime as as long as I kept distance between us they were content in holding their ground.

DSCN1765 (3).jpg
DSCN1756 (3).jpg
DSCN1745 (3).jpg
DSCN1748 (3).jpg

Buck I've been calling "Mini Split" that actually showed the fastest growth very early on in the spring looks to be a bit younger and his horn growth slowed about as abruptly as it started. Still... love to see what he'll look like if he can avoid roads, neighbors, and live a couple of more years!

Clean 8.jpg

I think I speak for everyone when I say BEAUTIFUL photography bigbend! Those pictures have emotion. Charles J. Alsheimer type of quality there!

I think I speak for everyone when I say BEAUTIFUL photography bigbend! Those pictures have emotion. Charles J. Alsheimer type of quality there!
MANY thanks for the very kind words, Swiffy.

As sure a few others on this forum will understand, sadly this is one of the few places I feel comfortable making such shares. WAY more open posting pics on here than I am with local friends, and not that I don't trust my friends not to poach, but worry about who they might share a pic or two with, and ultimately after a few subsequent shares leads to unoccupied parked trucks along nearby roads. Also have to say when I get nice captures I always feel it's the Master Creator that warrants the credit. Just feel blessed He lets me find myself holding a camera at the right time and at the precisely right place. :emoji_thumbsup:

Baker, it's cool to see your swept out beam genetics carrying on. Is that another one there? Looked like a good example on your updated land thread.

I have no summer bucks other than a few yearlings on my cams this summer. Hoping that changes in August. That's usually when the bucks start going walkabout 'round here.

Baker, it's cool to see your swept out beam genetics carrying on. Is that another one there? Looked like a good example on your updated land thread.

I have no summer bucks other than a few yearlings on my cams this summer. Hoping that changes in August. That's usually when the bucks start going walkabout 'round here.

You have a good memory. For whatever reason we have seen this unique main beam characteristic thru several generations. Here is the first time it showed up on a buck I killed in the pouring rain several years ago. This year we have 2 with much the same configuration.
IMG_1064.JPG