All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missouri guys - who is hunting this weekend?

Someday isle

5 year old buck +
Our archery opener starts tomorrow here in Missouri. We're supposed to have 89 degrees tomorrow. It's been dry since I planted my food plots and I did habitat work and stand sight work right until the last weekend but I've been shooting my bow almost every day for a couple months and I've just got to scratch that itch. I'm firing up the thermacell and giving my clothes a fresh dose of permethrin and plan on hunting a couple hours in the morning. I'm just going to get in one of my lowest impact stands and see what I see. I'll probably hunt sprainingly until the beginning of October but I can squeeze a couple hours a week until then.

We are supposed to maybe get some rain the first part of next week so hopefully it actually happens this time.

Can't wait to hunt tomorrow evening =)

Holding out for some cooler temps. It's a marathon not a sprint! :emoji_v:

I'm gonna take my daughter out one afternoon this weekend. Not gonna get too excited yet, but I can't let season come in and not get out there some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someday,

The permethrin is for?

bill

Someday,

The permethrin is for?

Ticks mostly - we seem to have them pretty bad but I keep my working clothes treated and I never get them on me. The only two on me all summer I found dead on my socks.

I also have quite a few blackberries - which the chiggars seem to love. Itd be my luck to shoot a deer and have to track it through blackberries. I love everything about the outdoors except for chiggars - and maybe snakes if I'm not sure what kind of snake it is.

bill

Still have a bunch of pictures to look through. If they don't tell me to get my butt in a stand I'm not swatting skeeters.

We are supposed to maybe get some rain the first part of next week so hopefully it actually happens this time.

What happened? 80% chance just changed to 20%. :(

OT Saturday but will give it a try on Sunday. No good bucks patterned so will sit over beans.

What happened? 80% chance just changed to 20%. :(
I hear you Bill, they keep forecasting rain and then nothing happens - here's a picture of my dust plot. Just a hint of green Rye that germinated without any rain. Pretty frustrating watching the squirrels eat my seeds today.
IMG_1174.JPG

game on It's a good thing iam wearing my hunting g string. It goes very nicely with my tree harness

Attachments

• IMG_0382.JPG
    IMG_0382.JPG
    876.2 KB · Views: 28
Just shot my first doe ... hopefully I find it not gonna lie I feel bad it had a fawn with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0383.JPG
    IMG_0383.JPG
    546.1 KB · Views: 29
Just shot my first doe ... hopefully I find it not gonna lie I feel bad it had a fawn with it.

The fawn would have tasted better. :)

I think the early born fawns this time of year will be fine without their momma.

Doe field dressed and is at food processor. I was stressing because of the heat. Quick kill however it decided to go into the creek.

Doe field dressed and is at food processor. I was stressing because of the heat. Quick kill however it decided to go into the creek.
Congrats!

Dang Bill! Get after that rascal!
I am working all weekend. It was less depressing when I saw the temps but seems like a good handful of guys are putting horns on the ground. Acorns are said to be the food source! My wife sent me these pics of the back field plot at the house on opening day. Damn deer were out there just hours after my wife and kiddos goofing around and stinking up the plot! Said they "busted a turtle eating our beans" LOL
image1 (2).JPG
image2 (1).JPG
image3 (2).JPG
IMG_3434.JPG