All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for QDMA forum members.

That thread was one of the worst I could have imagined anyone posting, but very entertaining. I liked the one about the guy that wanted to high fence his property in WI.
That being said I like to read anything positive written on here. I enjoy Yoderjac's threads he brings over.
I believe there is no right one way to what we do.

That thread was one of the worst I could have imagined anyone posting, but very entertaining. I liked the one about the guy that wanted to high fence his property in WI.

Here's 5 of the worst I have seen so far. But that's just me.

yj.PNG

I might have skipped a few.....

I know Bull made a comment on the other channel in July about this sight. I think he has a different handle here.

the biggest things I see here, are what seem like a trend from over there........ if you aren't on the select list, hardly anyone cares what you have to say. you will get 200 replies to this thread which has little to do with the mantra of the site, but a thread with possibly great new ideas or info goes hardly noticed. Every other new start up is like trying to start from scratch, which one do you join? Which one might make it past a few months, every time you start a new site, it gets harder and harder to keep the great knowledge base going, sooner or later even the great grow tired, and just give up. Sure it sux that qdm site skrewed us all out a centralized place to discuss, but HT is here, and has been for a bit, and would make a good place to become the new info center, but each time a heavy had bans someone for one reason or another, often with them goes great info, never to be shared again. We are all Pretty much grown ups here, it is the internet, grow a bit thicker skin, and get on with it, I would rather the other smaller satelites shut down, and re centralize everyone in one place. Im' tired myself of tracking down this guy, or that guy, just to keep current.

To the OP - Here at HT or over on DHF - you will find a majority of the same "gang" as the former Q forum. There are some aspects of the other forum I like and there are aspects/and folks here that I appreciate as well. It's a shame there are two, but I can live with that. I was here on HT even when the old Q forum was still up ......I'm just looking for like minded folks. I'm on a few other forums as well so - there will never be one collective place. Sure the former Q forum seemed like "the place" to go, but they didn't see it that way. The challenge that we have ahead of us is maintaining the community and bringing in new folks. The Q organizations new format isn't going to come close to being able to share the advise and experiences that a forum like this or DHF can. The Q place wants you to think they have some sort of magic in a bottle......they don't and we know they don't!

Can't we all just get along? To be honest I like this site better then the other site! It seems simple, but it works well being simple.

By the way, I have the same name from over there. Not that I matter.

This place has been good. Positive critique is good, negativity repulses most. It gives most of us an outlet to think about what we would rather be doing.

All those guys you are listing were quite the characters, and I felt for the most part made the forum more enjoyable.

Not a chance.

Never seen a guy who allowed his panties to get so bunched up so frequently...over nothing. After I left that forum I used to check in just for laughs to watch him unravel.

It seems as all sites age the squabbling increases. Human nature. I was happy to have someone point this site out to me after the Old site closed down. Every year I have more new experiences, and it is great reading how others handled what I had to go through. It is also great being reminded again of strategies that work. I had not over-seeded brassicas into standing soybeans for several years, but when I saw the success here I did it again this year and happy that I did. The old site, and this one, sure keep a guy humble about what he knows regarding habitat management. There is always someone, in my case hundreds if not thousands, who know much more and have loads more experience. I am glad they share it here before moving on.

I just joined this forum and will probably leaving just as quickly as I got here. MoBuckChaser......if you don't have anything informative to say then don't say anything at all. You're attempting to cut someone down because why?
What do you have against DogDoc? He's probably one of the nicest guys you'd ever hope to meet. Which is probably why you don't like him I guess.
So keep on being what you're parents raised you to be. Blow out other peoples candles to make yours brighter. Do what you gotta do I guess.
I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking when they see you cut someone down.

I just joined this forum and will probably leaving just as quickly as I got here. MoBuckChaser......if you don't have anything informative to say then don't say anything at all. You're attempting to cut someone down because why?
What do you have against DogDoc? He's probably one of the nicest guys you'd ever hope to meet. Which is probably why you don't like him I guess.
So keep on being what you're parents raised you to be. Blow out other peoples candles to make yours brighter. Do what you gotta do I guess.
I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking when they see you cut someone down.

Mitch,

Take a breath and step back for a minute. Allowing yourself to be bullied away from a good forum plays right into the hands of folks behaving poorly. At the same time, taking the bait, and responding in kind also plays into their hands. You have a lot to offer here. There will always be those on a public forum that express themselves in less than desirable ways.

Just keep in mind, the more folks post, the more over time they can be seen for what they are, positive or negative. I trust that forum readers are generally smart enough to read posts, get a feel for the poster, and weight the posts accordingly. If they become too bothersome and you can't enjoy them for comic relief, the ignore button is a quick cure.

Welcome aboard, and just hang in there. Time can cure a lot...

Thanks,

Jack

I for one love Mobucks posts. That guy knows a lot about deer, habitat, farming and food plotting. And he can help you with a brief and to the point answer. He doesn't need to write a chapter of bs for each response like our Amish professor.

Put him on your ignore list if you need to. I'm sure many have put the novelist on theirs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ignore feature does indeed work.
I wish a few would use it. It would make my job easier.
You know we are all to nosey for that;) lol
You hunting tomorrow Bill?

Lots of love on this Forum i can see!