Leaving a stand hanging

I pulled it. Really thinking about modifying this tree to accept a ladder stand. I only have one ladder stand but the platform is small which makes me want to stick to my hang on in that tree.

I run about 12 to 15 hanger stands and used to take them all down, now I take down the safety lines and seat pads after the season (I have one on every stand), and loosen the strap on the stands, but leave them up. With only so many hours to spend on the land, it ended up taking too much time every year in the late summer to set them up again. Seems to be enough work just clearing lanes, setting up ground blinds etc. I'm sure over the years they'll have more wear and tear and have to replace the straps, but I think it's worth it for me...

I run about 12 to 15 hanger stands and used to take them all down, now I take down the safety lines and seat pads after the season (I have one on every stand), and loosen the strap on the stands, but leave them up. With only so many hours to spend on the land, it ended up taking too much time every year in the late summer to set them up again. Seems to be enough work just clearing lanes, setting up ground blinds etc. I'm sure over the years they'll have more wear and tear and have to replace the straps, but I think it's worth it for me...

Do you use a safety line when climbing the ladder stand? If so, is it a traditional lineman's rope? I ask because I've often wondered how others are safely climbing ladder stands.

Do you use a safety line when climbing the ladder stand? If so, is it a traditional lineman's rope? I ask because I've often wondered how others are safely climbing ladder stands.
Most of ours our hangers vs ladder, but yes, I run safety lines on all our ladders as well no problem