All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lease Out Hunting Land?

If you think all court costs are covered .... you have never been involved in a lawsuit ... I have several times in my business.

I will give everyone here the most important legal advice you will ever receive ...

• never get sued
  • never sue anyone

You will spend $40-$50k before you ever understand the importance of the above ... then another $50k before you settle ... if you think you are smarter than that, better than that, good luck ... you get learn the legal system :emoji_sunglasses:

I totally agree in a business situation it can run really high and not all costs are covered and even if you receive judgment collecting is another animal so that wasn't the best way to express my point that you could make life a pain for the one trying to sue you. Again, I would agree with your "best" advice to not sue nor be sued.

It is very tough IMHO to find people, including family and friends, who will respect you and your land well enough that you can completely trust them. I take very few folks to my farm any more, and only when I am there.

I see little upside to this, but obviously your experience May differ. Best wishes!