Labeling fruit trees

I really need to label all mine.
So far I go my my Master Diagram of the orchard. Or certain trees jump out at me because they are favorites or because of who was with me when planted.

I’m going to make a list and get the guy from our local gun show to stamp them out for me on brass dog collar tags for $2-$3 each I think.

I really need to label all mine.
So far I go my my Master Diagram of the orchard. Or certain trees jump out at me because they are favorites or because of who was with me when planted.

I’m going to make a list and get the guy from our local gun show to stamp them out for me on brass dog collar tags for $2-$3 each I think.
You got me thinking about my old trapping tags. They were thicker than the aluminum tags and brass. Might be something someone can look into.

Far as grafting scions into a mature tree to wait a year or so, I write right on th tree with permanent marker. Seems to hold up atleast for the next year.

Still going to stick with engraving trex boards. Probably be good for 100 years. I also do not tell my club members where trees are planted. Acts like a hide n seek tag too.

Menards and Lowe’s sell small stainless steel wire rolls pretty cheap to wire tags on. Should last a lifetime.
I use it to attach bluebird boxes to posts.

Menards and Lowe’s sell small stainless steel wire rolls pretty cheap to wire tags on. Should last a lifetime.
I use it to attach bluebird boxes to posts.
speaking of........

i cleaned all 7 of mine out yesterday

spring coming soon!

bill