I'm stumped.

Bill

Administrator
Got this pic a few hours ago in my red clover. To small to be a deer. Well, a grown one anyway.

No spots like a fawn would have.
Ears seem to big for a cat based on the clover flowers.
Way to clean to be a yote.

Maybe it's a little person deer.

.??????

1c027c09f894fbfcd170b01ded3af4b2.jpg
981ce3295253013ea23a17e8e80a3929.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry screwed up the blown up pic.

175457bd0575f24d13579a59ce01da62.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm stumped too Bill. Looks like cat ears, but I can't tell for sure. Keep us posted.

Looks like a red fox to me.

I would say grey fox walking away.

Fox would make me happy.
We used to have lots of them until the yotes showed up. I'd take 100 foxes over 1 coyote any day.

Fox would make me happy.
We used to have lots of them until the yotes showed up. I'd take 100 foxes over 1 coyote any day.

You got that right. I'll post a vid soon to back up that statement up.

Juvenile red fox in hunting mode. Just has ear expanded and rotated giving wide look. I see them clover fields all summer long mainly snacking on inspects.

I would agree, red fox. I would have said bobcat, but the rear end and color doesn't look right for that. That said, it doesn't have the black on the back of the ears like a normal adult red fox, so Fall guys thought of juvenile would make sense. Also, seems like too much orange on the rear to be a grey fox.

Thanks.

I can see fox now.

I have seen plenty of red fox up close and I am having a hard time convincing myself that it is a fox. Body proportions just are not right, though pictures can distort things enough sometimes. I am leaning towards a really ugly bobcat.

If it was a cat, with those colors, I would be more inclined to say crouching young cougar vs bobcat? Tail could be hidden by the foliage? Young males can travel a loooong ways this time of year into areas they don't normally frequent?

See I was perfectly happy to accept fox. :)

It does seem to have awful short hair to be a fox. Cougars are myths around here but I guess anything could happen.

See I was perfectly happy to accept fox. :)

It does seem to have awful short hair to be a fox. Cougars are myths around here but I guess anything could happen.
;)That's what everyone says until they get one on trailcam.o_O

Disproportionately small head, large "high" rump, somewhat similar to the pic, maybe...................

mt-lion-snow.jpg

I do think the body looks too long to be a bobcat or fox.

It might be. Wish I got more pics of it. Just the one and if it's a cougar he's 100 miles away by now.

That is red fox bouncing around in field kicking up insects. His but just happens to be airborne in pic.
Never seen bobcat with red fir.

If it's a fox I should get more pics of him over the coming months.
I actually hope it is. I'd like to see them return.