I hate Murphy

What?!?!? I "upgraded" it.....takes more POWER now!!!!

Be sure to have someone videoing when you use it. I'd like to see the j-bird dance. Make sure they have the sound on too.:emoji_joy:

I have used it several times since...... no "dance" .......yet.

Previous owner used rattle can flat black to stop the surface rust. My son and I spent a few hours using acetone and elbow grease to reveal the true California sunburn on one side. Don't know what's next. Going to finish the removal process. Then we may just hit it with a matte clear coat to halt further rust and run it el natural for a while.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Previous owner used rattle can flat black to stop the surface rust. My son and I spent a few hours using acetone and elbow grease to reveal the true California sunburn on one side. Don't know what's next. Going to finish the removal process. Then we may just hit it with a matte clear coat to halt further rust and run it el natural for a while.

View attachment 13252 View attachment 13253

That's funny, in WI you could walk through the holes in that car... Salt is hell on metal.

-John

Flat black - that's my boys favorite color! When he was looking at cars it was funny because I would simply look at the picture and say , "Nope....too expensive" And he didn't catch on at first. Then I explained to him that I knew he couldn't afford anything that as all the same color! He proved me wrong when he bought his flat black Dart. He fired it up over the weekend....."the leaning tower of power" he calls it with it's little slant 6 motor.....looks like some drunk designed it! He did up the displacement of the car however over the weekend as well. He has a 440 block sitting where the driver seat should be! Other than when they blew a head gasket by using too much starter fluid once, I swear he can leave it on the floor and that little motor won't blow up......I honestly think he has tried!

Salt.....so is fertilizer! My cyclone spreader has seen some better days, but I haven't been particularly kind to it either. Had to do some quick red-neck fix'n to use it over the weekend.... My son just shook his head and walked away!!!!
fix it with duct tape.jpg

I thought of this thread over the weekend when I was checking my apples trees. I have 5 apples trees on my place. They are "people" apples (a red delicious, and yellow delicious, a Macintosh, a fuji and I'm not sure about the last one. Anyway, they all are doing fine, but one. One is the most poorly formed thing you ever saw. It has no central leader and has about four main branches that come out and form the hollow "cup" if you will. It's a disaster waiting to happen....Well guess which one out of all my trees is showing signs of having apples? Yep - this mis-formed pain in my butt! So now I may have to actually remove apples from the only tree I have apples on this year to help "save" it. My adventures with apple trees is a self-inflicted one. I need to simply convert to some different forms of crabs and be done with it. Murphy? Yep - alive and well!

My apple experiment was a disaster. Voles killed them all.
I switched to pear. Not much better.

I'm going to try apples once more. Maybe next year.

If I had it to do over again I wouldn't go with apples, but with crab apples. From what I have read they are far less PITA.

Maybe I should look into that. I don't see myself being able to baby any tree for the long haul.

Maybe I should look into that. I don't see myself being able to baby any tree for the long haul.
I thought I would be able to, but to be honest at some point, I'm going to be an old man and dick'n with having to spray and prune and all that just seems more and more like a PITA. I think I'm getting a few different types of crabs when the time comes and just say "hell with it". Trees will last long after I am gone and require less and less input from me as we both age. Now I just need to find a perennial soybean or corn!

When you find that perennial bean be sure to share.

When you find that perennial bean be sure to share.
I got some.....but they are REAL EXPENSIVE.....I grow them under the bridge I own that is on my ocean front property in AZ!!!!! I'd be glad to sell you some, but man they are EXPENSIVE!!!!! Oh, and they are round-up ready, but non-GMO to boot!!!! You let me know if your still interested!!!!!! Hahahahahahaha

Murphy took a big chuck outta my ass today!
Thank God I had a fire extinguisher on board..
She'll need all new electric and rubber parts but the fire only lasted about 25 seconds. Could have been a complete loss.

Again glad I had an extinguisher mounted under the dash!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Damn Chinese fuel pump..
Here's the cause.

I just opened this thread for the first time. I hope I'm not cursed.

Your Damn lucky!!! Glad to see the damage is as limited as it is. It's still a shame it happened, but could have easily been a lot worse.

Your Damn lucky!!! Glad to see the damage is as limited as it is. It's still a shame it happened, but could have easily been a lot worse.

No doubt! It sucks but it could have been in the shop and toasted everything. So far Hagerty Classic insurance is saying all the right things. 0 deductible and they'll even pay me the going labor rates to fix it myself.

Haven't seen an adjuster or check yet so we'll see. Never filed an insurance claim in my life but I sure have paid for it so why not.

Dropped a screw into my outboard motor last night while changing thermostat and poppet valve. No luck with magnet or vacuum. Gonna try water in a few minutes.

Dropped a screw into my outboard motor last night while changing thermostat and poppet valve. No luck with magnet or vacuum. Gonna try water in a few minutes.

Oh yea, that screw is all the way at the bottom sitting on the impeller pump. :)

Oh yea, that screw is all the way at the bottom sitting on the impeller pump. :)
Ran it with the muffs hoping it would push up and out through the thermostat housing. Lots of water flow but no screw. Pee hole flowing good too. Guess I could do an impeller job. Or run it and hope it pushes out exhaust or into thermostat housing. I don't think it rattled down to impeller. I do fear that it's blocking a passage in the cooling system somewhere though.