How much growth left in these two deer?

I don't know but I like them!

His rack is looking nice, but his condition looks off to me. Is he alright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need me some Funky Chicken! Love the split brows. He is closer to being done growing than the 1st one. He doesnt have as much of that bulbous look on the tine tips. There will not be much beam lengthening in another week or 2. Most of the final growth is typically tine length.

I need me some Funky Chicken! Love the split brows. He is closer to being done growing than the 1st one. He doesnt have as much of that bulbous look on the tine tips. There will not be much beam lengthening in another week or 2. Most of the final growth is typically tine length.
Yes, that’s what I thought too. I think the first one has a lot more growing to do and the second is close to done. I also think the second may be young. Hopefully will get some better pics of him soon.

Also, did anyone zoom in enough to notice that the second one not only has split brows but is also developing a split g2 and split g3 on the left side? That is unusual genetics around here.

Nice looking deer Native!

That first one has PD on his brow tine, that is treatable now :P 🥒

I hope that curved brow doesn't break off. Had a deer years ago that must've ran into something and bent a lot of tines over while still in velvet. They all eventually broke off.

Just to further depress me, are these all from one tract?

I hope that curved brow doesn't break off. Had a deer years ago that must've ran into something and bent a lot of tines over while still in velvet. They all eventually broke off.

I have plenty of bondo in the basement.... 😄

Just to further depress me, are these all from one tract?
All of them are on the same 100 acre farm except for the freaky one with all of the forks. He is on my 20 acre place that is 4 miles from the other farm.
PS - I also find it interesting that at the 100 acre place, all these deer come to my red clover and chicory in the evenings before going to the neighbor's beans, which are closer to where they usually bed this time of year.

Below is another smaller one from the 100 that I don't think will be a shooter this year, but his mass caught my attention.

c4-IMG_0235.JPG

c3-IMG_0217.JPG

Last edited: