How many acres are you working with?

Y'all making me jealous!
I got 30 but not the best location for hunting on. It is how ever an amazing location to hunt from as base camp for public lands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I HOPE you mean - how large is the piece of property we manage/work on......'cause if you have 147 acres in "plots" as in "foodplots" - holy crap!:eek:

My entire property is right at 150 total acres. I "plot" only about 2 to 3 acres of it.
Yep, sorry for the slang! Yes, what size of ground are you working with...not food plot :)

I own 30, but have sole access to and hunt my MiL's neighboring 130. I can get away with some small scale TSI on the 130, but no plots. I am limited to my 30 for those.

My father in law owns 230 acres, and we also lease the 400 that joins it. I personally maintain about 6 acres of plots.

since I help manage a few places, some are in the 17-30 acre some are in the 175-200 acre size
and I used to plant about 18 acre's a yr of plots, or so, pending what crops were planted, as some would be for 4-5 yrs and left alone!
I have about 10,000 acre's in my back yard and across the street from me, that has about a 100+ acre's of food plots on it, broken up all over, bordering a bunch of AG land
sounds great, but sadly SO many hunters and well poachers in the area, that live by the shoot it now as it might nb ot be there in hunting season, and most care less about quality of deer, just want to kill ANY one!

its a hit and miss, does make for a good place to ride atv's and snowmobiles though LOL

I have 33 acres and my home takes up one acre of that. I have 1.5 acres in food plots. No ag within 30 miles so the plots are a huge draw. I have planted lots of apple, crag apple, pear, elderberry. and plums. The deer act like they have never seen a pear or apple.

My camp has 218 acres and is surrounded by 3 very large acreage camps, so there is much sanctuary of thick woods.

MRBB - Pa. is a pressure-cooker for hunter density on state land. Sadly - you're right about the poachers / road-shooters. If it's brown, it's down mentality. That's why most of the camps in my area have planted staggered rows of spruce along any roads. That keeps the road poaching down to about zero !! ;)

677 acres. About one-third each in hardwood timber, loblolly pine plantation, and as a working farm we rotate corn/beans/wheat. I've got several 0.5 to 1.0 acre openings in the timber in Durana clover and also invest a fair amount of energy "cultivating" native browse.

260 acres at the farm with about 15 acres of plots. 11 acres with 1.5 acres of plots at home where I hunt during the week. Always want more, but all that we have is plenty to keep me busy

We have 36 acres that are brand new to us this summer. After lots of effort from the boys we've created about an acre of food plot trails with a mix of Rye, Oats, clovers and radishes. Not too much deer sign yet but hoping the deer find our trails once the natural browse is less available. So far we have three does and two fawns on camera. Big Aus and I hope to get out for a few hours next weekend for our first hunt. I'm sure more land would be great but it's been such a fun experience and wonderful blessing working with my now young adult sons beginning to develop "our property". I've killed plenty of deer in my life. Seeing them get their first ones will be the best.

160 acres and we expanded to about 8 acres in food plots. Only significant food in 3 mile radius.

151 acres in two farms a mile apart. 4.5 acres or so in summer a d winter plots with fruit and chestnut plantings. Around half in old fields that we hog down or burn at times.

We just sold 278 acres so we now only have 346 acres on one of our properties that we hunt and farm on. It has 45 acres or rented ag land that is rotated between corn & alfalfa, and over winter they are in winter rye and winter wheat. I have put in 4 acres of transitional; food plot and have several areas targeted for more over winter food sources.

Between ourselves and 2 other surrounding land owners, we manage 900-1100 acres of some very unique ground. We are surrounded by many acres of ag land rotated between corn & beans. In the center of the our 3 properties there is 400 acres of pure sanctuary tag alder, RDO, cedar swamp, etc. that no one can get into.

I'm sure some will say that makes it all easy, just remember the better & nastier the escape cover is for bucks to disappear in, the longer they stay there ... we are continuing to observe, learn, and try to pattern deer activity ... ;)

We own 5 acres, and once you subtract the house, yard, and horse pasture, that leaves me with 1.5 acres of hunting ground, with 1 full acre in plots.

Our 5 is surrounded by about 200 acres that aren't hunted or managed, about a 60/40 split between hardwood forest and open grassland, 148 of it is for sale, really wish we could afford it! On the other side of that 148 is 135 acres of DNR land, which is actually very lightly hunted, and contains some super thick bedding cover and a trout stream.

I have an eight acre farm that has six acres of mixed hardwoods with a small orchard of twenty apple/pear trees and a half dozen Dunstan chestnuts, the border is in switch grass I plant brassicas along one side every year.
My other farm is thirty acres half mixed hardwoods half native grasses with two ponds on it and an orchard of thirty apple/pear trees and twenty Dunstan chestnuts, I put about an acre of brassicas out in a plot on it along with an established mixed clover strip.

Lots of deer, turkey, bunnies and squirrels and about every bird variety in the state. Still working on sexying them up as much as I can for wildlife.

i primarily work on just shy of 10 acres of family land...i'm the only who hunts it or does any work on it. I help manage a friend's 22 acres that borders state land about 10 mins from my house. I used to help manage a 400 acre farm in NY, but the owner, and good friend of mine, is getting up there in age and his health has really declined. there are some family tensions over what is going to happen to the farm when he passes...its just been a very sad situation and unfortunately it has helped to keep me from being spending much time there to hunt or do work.

120 acres. 6-8 acres in plots. 9 acres of my WSNG will be planted in beans next year. Still leaves 40 plus acres in NG.

90 acres that i have exclusive access to. 2 acres worth of plots.about 25 acres is marsh-as I've mentioned in my thread in Native board..

45 acres to the south that i could hunt but just doesnt really work, its right behind a few pig nurserys so the owner is funny about gunshots.

another 120 acres to the south of that property, but there is about 2 other hunters plus a local dog club that runs it. dont hunt that much anymore.

I own and live on 67 acres, and have roughly 3 acres in food plots currently. We lease 25 acres half if cut for hay the other is rotating corn and beans. Building cover is the next piece to my puzzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk