How many acres are you working with?

40 acres: 35 timber, 2 & 3 tillable which I've been putting in plots.

160 acres and we expanded to about 8 acres in food plots. Only significant food in 3 mile radius.

What is your experience as far as gaining bucks on your property each year? Do does take up bedding areas and the bucks move in later?

I only have 30 acres but have the only planted food source for several miles as well, what I am seeing is several doe groups taking up the property then a buck will visit. This is the first year for plots, and last year I had several new bucks show up during the rut and I had no food source for holding does or bucks. I am anticipating additional bucks showing up this year for the rut to check out the ladies that have shacked up on my 30, and I was curious as to your specific experience with the only ag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80 acres. about 55 acres solid woods with remaining land upland brush,swamp, and 4-7 acres planted in plots.

What is your experience as far as gaining bucks on your property each year? Do does take up bedding areas and the bucks move in later?

I only have 30 acres but have the only planted food source for several miles as well, what I am seeing is several doe groups taking up the property then a buck will visit. This is the first year for plots, and last year I had several new bucks show up during the rut and I had no food source for holding does or bucks. I am anticipating additional bucks showing up this year for the rut to check out the ladies that have shacked up on my 30, and I was curious as to your specific experience with the only ag.

Our 1/2 X 1/2 mile block is surrounded by 10-15 year old plantation pines (est. 500 acres total) on 3 sides and mature hardwoods on the other. Most bedding is off our place and in the pines. We made the decision to expand food plots because of limited food in the area. Visually, deer were eating anything green - kept fescue mowed like a golf course.

When we had only 3 acres of food (up until last year): our property was a travel corridor if there was a good acorn crop. When the acorns were bad, our plots couldn't keep up with the browse and eventually deer sightings dropped.

Now that we expanded our food plots, we hope to be a destination and draw & keep deer to our place. We still have a ways to go maximize all food plot acreage (lime, field cleanup from logger / bulldozer). Our focus this year on the new areas is green mulch / erosion control.

Now about the deer/bucks: in the past, I have had 4-5 shooters (2.5 and older - I know, not mature to some folks) bucks cruise our place during the summer / pre season only to barely see them during hunting season. I haven't seen any this year (disappointing for sure) so maybe the will show up (have faith). These bucks definitely bed in surrounding areas. I think some of the does also bed just off our property but do call it home.

I have yet to experience a rut like it is shown on "tv." We probably have too many does per mature buck. It's hard to decrease the doe population when sightings per hunt isn't very high.

feet, acres, rods, square yards, cubic meters ?

As the title of the thread asks, acres. About 17 in plots.

I own 33 acres and have 1.5 acres of food plots and plan on planting a 3 acre native meadow this spring. The rest of the acreage is in timber.

The farm I lease is 193 acres. Have 4 acres of food plots there and about 50 acres is in commercial ag. The rest is timber.

70 acres in West central Illinois and 50 acres in NJ

I got word last night that the farmer took his corn off, so I will be busy doing winter wheat this weekend, trying for about 7 acres of ww this year, one big 5 ac patch by my tower, and 3 smaller patches that are more shot plots than food plots.

20 acres. Several micro-plots totalling around an acre.