All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will brassica seed stay dormant

Rally1148

5 year old buck +
Hey all,

So I tried something new this year, and did a spray/roll routine after I broadcast my brassicas. While I've done this in the past, I did it around the beginning of July, as last year it took 2 weeks for them to sprout.

Long story short, we hit a month long dry spell and I've only had roughly 100 germinate (i.e. that I can see them growing.). We got about an inch of rain on Friday, and I haven't seen more come up, so I was wondering if I should rebroadcast, or just wait it out. The seeds have been on the ground for a bit over a month. The rte/weeds haven't sprouted either...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Should be good, unless the birds had eaten them. For me it would be eaten by turkeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be good, unless the birds had eaten them. For me it would be eaten by turkeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have these dirty bastard sand hill cranes that ate a ton of my seed. Last time I was to the plot and saw the bare spots I thought to myself "WTF?". Then I checked the cameras and these skunks are living out there. I think I have them on camera every single day since I planted. You can see some of the nice bare spots where they just sat and worked it over. Hope to hell they leave soon. We did have a couple turkeys that they must have kicked out of the area cause I havent seen them since these stupid cranes moved in.

MFDC0183.JPG

MFDC0018.JPG

Only a few turkeys. There's a ton of rye/weed seed still on the ground, so I think they're still there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk